Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

got box sets for christmas! a few questions...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

got box sets for christmas! a few questions...

Hi

I got a bunch of dvds for christmas, season 1, 2, 4 and 6... series 3 and 5 are coming, anyway, the numbering is weird and I was wondering if someone could please explain it?

series one goes, disk 1 - 5

series two goes volume 2 -7

series four goes volume 14 - 19

series six goes volume 26 - 31

so, where is volume 1, does series 1 count as volume one?

Thanks

Originally posted by wilhil
    Hi

I got a bunch of dvds for christmas, season 1, 2, 4 and 6... series 3 and 5 are coming, anyway, the numbering is weird and I was wondering if someone could please explain it?

Thanks
    That's one hell of a Christmas. I got some shoes. I would suggest that you just look at the Gateworld episode lists to determine where you should start, and what you're missing if anything.

Comment

Well, I'd go out on a limb and start with series one myself...
      But to answer the question, more than likely, as suggested...check the individual episode titles if you're not sure...

Comment

I am pretty sure I am not missing anything, it is sealed box sets, I just can not work out the number system..

I am wondering if series one is a older release, and series two are new edition box sets.

I was trying to refear to the number system on the side of the individual dvds, series one is 5 disks, labeled disk 1-5, where as series 2 and above are 6 disks each, but the first one starts at 2 and goes to 7, I know im not missing any, it is just weird the numbering system

also, anyone with series 6, have you seen it lists it as full circle then prophecy on the label, instead of the other way around I wonder if there are any other mistakes
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi

Thanks
          Im guessing your from England. This is a small problem that MGM never fixed. Basically, season 1 wasnt released in England originally, just a DVD called 'The Best Of Season 1' (volume 1) then after finding out how well the sales for season 2 did in England, they released the full season 1. However, they must have been trying to cut costs because the region 2 (England) version of season 1 is identicle to the region 1 (USA) version (volumes 1-5). But MGM kept releaseing the other seasons in the UK number format after season 2. As i said, MGM never fixed the UK numbering system.
          Last edited by Billz; 25 December 2005, 08:51 AM.
          Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

Same as me.
            I got Stargate SG1 Seasons 1 and 2 and Stargate Atlantis season 1 on dvd.

Comment

Hi

yeah, I am from UK, any idea where I can get this best of series one dvd from?

even if I now have all the episodes on it, I really want to have a complete collection!

Thanks!

Comment

i'd check online, maybe ebay. amazon.co.uk, bensonsworld, play.com

disc one should still exist, it's just a few years old is all so a little harder to find
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Hi

Thanks
                  What region set did you get?

In the US, the Individual season sets all have 5 volumes, all marked as "Season X, Volumes 1-5". Episode 1, Volume 1 is the very first episode of the season. Where as volume 5 contains the last 3 or 4 episodes of the season.

It sounds like you have a region set outside Region 1, because the Region 1 set volumes aren't marked the way you indicated above.

Comment

I am UK, and have region 2

I just quickly looked online, and I noticed on amazon this

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...878876-8251839

does this mean that sony are re releasing all seasons?

I have not bought series 8 yet, I wait for them to drop in price, but I would hate it so much if they re release everything just after I spent so much money...

Comment

Volume 1 is actually the best of season 1. Has the pilot and last 3 episodes of the season. They then proceeded to release season2 from volume 2.
                      sigpic
                      Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

You arent missing anything so no worries, as for S8 wait until Feb and buy it as separate disks from www.dvd.co.uk, the do them pretty cheap, its what I am doing 'cus it is MUCH cheaper than the box sets, as each disk is between 5 and 7 pounds normally, instead of £40-£50 for the lot
                        Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                        - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Wow, that's a lot of stargate to watch. Are you going to try to watch it in a marathon or something?...or a month long marathon?
                          Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
                          The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
                          I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
                          A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
                          That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
                          Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
                          Caboose: They could be worse?
                          Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

Originally posted by Exiled Master
                            Wow, that's a lot of stargate to watch. Are you going to try to watch it in a marathon or something?...or a month long marathon?
                            a month? if you had nothing to do then you'd be able to watch 1 season a day and still have at least 8 hours sleep. now that would be a cool marathon

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade
                              a month? if you had nothing to do then you'd be able to watch 1 season a day and still have at least 8 hours sleep. now that would be a cool marathon
                              I totally did that with my season 7! Well, almost. There was that ten minute break where I had to yell at my friend for calling me during my SG marathon.

Hi

yeah, I am from UK, any idea where I can get this best of series one dvd from?
                              *pimps eBay* Honestly, there isn't a thing you can't find there. They always have single SG DVDs floating around, just make sure you're getting the right region
                              Chleximpressed <--- by Kliggins

Comment

Working...
                              X