X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why must she JOIN the team?

I was thinking about something:

Why does Vala, "have" to join SG-1 to be a main cast memeber on the show? Let's say we continue the adventures of Vala in the Ori galaxy and she'll report back on what she learns every one or two episodes.

i think the ori are going to do soemthing to her and let her go back and then cause probelms at the SGC and no one will know it.

like a ori mole
    Last edited by Pharaoh Atem; 02 January 2006, 04:31 PM.
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by BigGator5
      I was thinking about something:

Why does Vala, "have" to join SG-1 to be a main cast memeber on the show? Let's say we continue the adventures of Vala in the Ori galaxy and she'll report back on what she learns every one or two episodes.
      The only way I can rationalize it, (and I don't read any spoilers) is that the Leucian Alliance becomes a more immediate threat and we see more of "Vala, the dedicated revolutionary with crucial intel on the Alliance." Of course, there's no getting rid of the comedy at this point, but if they can strike a better balance with her character then I still think it can work.

Comment

Why did Teal'c have to join? She saved them, she already knows them, she should be able to bring intel to the team as well as be their public rep on journies.
        sigpic
        Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard
          Why did Teal'c have to join? She saved them, she already knows them, she should be able to bring intel to the team as well as be their public rep on journies.
          yeah but tealc is a noble and loyal guy so I dont really have a problem with him joining the team. But who would really want Vala as their public representative??
          - Simon

"Life. Its far more important than what you do for a living" - RDA

"It's crazy cool!" - AT

My Site: www.Glass-Prison.com

(Update: GABIT AT2 Convention report uploaded)

Comment

I like Vala, she brings some much needed energy to the team that has been missing the last two seasons
            Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
            - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Who said she was joining the team? The most Joe has said about it is that her role will be decided in S10.
              ~bri~

Comment

Originally posted by Battousai the Manslayer
                The only way I can rationalize it, (and I don't read any spoilers) is that the Leucian Alliance becomes a more immediate threat and we see more of "Vala, the dedicated revolutionary with crucial intel on the Alliance." Of course, there's no getting rid of the comedy at this point, but if they can strike a better balance with her character then I still think it can work.

Well said!...Vala has alot to offer as far an intel goes. Plus Daniel and her are just great TV!.
                the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
                Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by brihana25
                  Who said she was joining the team? The most Joe has said about it is that her role will be decided in S10.
                  well just read between the lines a bit. if CB has signed on for a full 20 episodes then she has to be joining the team unless you restrict SG-1 to the SGC for the entire season
                  - Simon

"It's crazy cool!" - AT

Comment

My point exactly! I do hope she returns to Earth and joins the team, but TPTB have never said she will be joining the team... Yet.

People keep going on and on about how Carter's role will be demises, when Vala joins the team. Never is the word "if" is used to describe Vala's involvement.

Comment

Just because CB is in 20 eps doesn't mean Vala ever joins the team. Maybe she's just with them as a consultant but not a real team member.

Comment

Originally posted by Nem2k
                        well just read between the lines a bit. if CB has signed on for a full 20 episodes then she has to be joining the team unless you restrict SG-1 to the SGC for the entire season
                        Really? It seems to me Walter has been in all 10 episodes of S9 so far, and SG-1 has been anything but grounded. Same for Hank. Almost the same for Caroline.

So long as they are at the SGC for one scene per episode, Vala can be a member of the support staff and still be in all 20 episodes.
                        ~bri~

Comment

well thats not really the same

CB signed on as a full time cast member for 20 episodes, Gary Jones is not part of the full time cast, he probably only works for one/two days during principle photography, and some of his stuff is shot during pickups anyway
                          - Simon

"It's crazy cool!" - AT

Comment

my gut feeling is that she will join the team. Chances are she won't be in the uniform - how else can they keep her in her nice fanboy costumes - but IMHO, she will be going through the gate with the rest of them and, even if she's not wearing the patch, will be a part of the team
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Quite right - what I read at his blog is thst they have to decide why she would wnat to join the "SGC" and why the "SGC" would want her. As of this time, I have not seen anything, anywhere, from any of TPTB that she is joining SG1. My dearest hope is that she does not - leave her at the SGC level - do not screwup the team with a self-absorbed, incredibly shallow, cheap, sleazy, lying thief.

Comment

Working...
                              X