Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Atlantis Base Discovered? (Spoiler for Rising)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atlantis Base Discovered? (Spoiler for Rising)

I don't know much about how the new gates work, but doesn't the wraith now know where Atlantis is?

Sheperd actually dial home directly. Couldn't the Wraith have jot down the coordiates to Atlantis?

He really should have asked one of the people for a deserted world, and dial back home later.
    Secret LUELinks Agent!
    …………………………………………………. __ . __
    ……………………………………………….../’`: : `\,---`.„
    ………………………………………………../|,-‘`¯¯`\(o)_\,----,,,_
    ………………„~*¯¯`”\,………... _„_………( `\(o),,_/` ¯ : o : : : o`-,
    ……………../ : •: (“,.~;*’¯¯¯”\, (_,-- ``”~,….\ : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : `\
    ………….....| : • :,/`,-*~;~••-„,/ (‘` ``)/• ,…\.,/` : : :_„„,: : : : : : : : : : : \
    …………….| : • / ,/`,--\ \’`c\,---„1 ‹’`--(_ ,/ / : : :,/` • • ): : : : : : : : : : : |
    ……………..) : µ’` .\ (c) `¯ . . •`), . ,-~`.. \ : : :| • • '”\, : : : : : : : : : : :/
    ……………/` ,/_~-, .`;;`„-„,__,./, ```/……. `\: :\ • • • • `*-.,_ : : : : : :,-‘
    ……………`-/¨;--;~’ `”*-=,=-_`” ,) ,/`……….`› : `\, • • • • • • ¯”~---,--`
    …„„………__\, • ‘, • . . . `\„_,/ ,/;-;_ ……. /` ` | ./ • • • • • • • • „-“
    .( :•`\,-~*`¯ • • •`¯` `~--~*~---~;/`,-~*```*--, `1` / : | • • • ,---~*”`
    . \•:••:”*~-,,„„____„„,.-~”`¯¯¯¯/ / • • • • • ‘\,) , / : :| • • • •\
    …`”’~-,„„„„„„,,~‘`` . ( • • • ,.__| | • • • •, `\„„/ ,/`: : / • • • • •|

There was no DHD for them to see where the coordinates were.

Plus it was a bit hectic for them to be staring at a dialing gate for the entire sequence.
    sigpic

Comment

Thats exactly what I said.
      Also why didn't the wraith ships try to go through the stargate when it was activated instead of after the Puddle-Jumper went through.
      *Peter turns on the energy based iris while Atlantis is very low on power*
      McKay - "Using power, using power, using power..."

Comment

Originally posted by EYU86
        Thats exactly what I said.
        Also why didn't the wraith ships try to go through the stargate when it was activated instead of after the Puddle-Jumper went through.
        They probably knew that Atlantis had a force field around the gate.
        sigpic

Comment

Yet they flew in after the Puddle-Jumper knowing that there was a shield

Comment

They probably assumed, because they were using an Ancient ship, they were going back to Atlantis and the force field would be up. It wouldn't be safe for them to go through the gate until they knew it was down. Hence, they waited for the puddlejumper to go through first.
            It's a Fargate! It's different.

Comment

right...
              Wouldn't you try to go right before the Puddle-Jumper, knowing that the shield had to be down.
              Cuz the shield was deactivated long before the Puddle-Jumper even made it through.

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
                There was no DHD for them to see where the coordinates were.

Plus it was a bit hectic for them to be staring at a dialing gate for the entire sequence.
                Wasn't that hectic, it was like 10 on 1, a ship could have just sat there and jotted it down

Comment

ait...since there are DHDs in the ships...wouldn't the wraith have seen the coordinates?! I mean their DHD had to activate inorder to not make them open up a second wormhole in the same stargate. But they still wouldn't have been able to send out the coordinates, cause all the ships were destroyed and there was no time for a message to be sent, I'm assuming.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
                  [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

I don't think the Wraith know the humans are from Atlantis. I'm pretty sure the Wraith assume Atlantis was destroyed thousands of years ago.

Aren't they going to be in shock when they find out where we're coming from.

Like I said in the other thread, I won't be suprised if the season finaly is all about Atlantis being swarmed by a Wraith Armada (when they find out we're in Atlantis) while the People there scramble to get the shields charged to reactivate at the last second.

Comment

There were quite alot of Puddle Jumpers. And if they can fire while cloaked.... they'll own quote alot of Wraith Darts

Comment

There are 5 right?

Also, are they allowed to fire while cloacked? Or do they work like Star Trek, were their weapons fire only while visible? They also need to add a shield generator to those ships.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
                        [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Originally posted by EYU86
                          Wasn't that hectic, it was like 10 on 1, a ship could have just sat there and jotted it down
                          It was hectic when the gate was being dialed.

10 on 1? So What? The puddle jumper had Glowy Jellyfish of Doom......It was clear that the darts were no match.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DownFallAngel
                            ait...since there are DHDs in the ships...wouldn't the wraith have seen the coordinates?! I mean their DHD had to activate inorder to not make them open up a second wormhole in the same stargate. But they still wouldn't have been able to send out the coordinates, cause all the ships were destroyed and there was no time for a message to be sent, I'm assuming.
                            Why? The Wraith DHD probably isn't as advanced as the Ancient on-planet DHD.

It's not like it's their technology.
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X