X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atlantis Theme Tune.

Can anyone help me out here.
    I'm in the UK, and therefore the show wont air here untill probably september.
    I would like to know what the theme tune is like. Does it keep the original Stargate melody?
    Please describe it to me.
    Better still, you could post a link to where I might download it.
    Andy "Chores!?! What are we, Amish?"
    Charlene Spencer "He's gotten so precocious."
    Citizen Joe

It's definetly it's own tune. I like it...I don't have anywhere I can post a copy..sorry.
    sigpic

Comment

There was a new theme. I'm sure someone will put it up for download somewhere soon. I did notice a "borrowed" theme from a SG-1 episode I can't place during the scenes as they explored Atlantis. The score was done by Joel Goldsmith, the same person who does SG-1's music.
      Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
      O'Neill: Who doesn't?
      - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
      - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
      once done, cannot be undone...
      brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

I like it too! There are some hints of the SG1 tune in there. Its a good tune. Sounds like something I have heard before though. Cant think of where. Anyways, good tune! Cant wait to see what the opening titles look like!
        "...smart, funny, exciting, touching..." - Newsday

Comment

Okay, I just remembered. The theme played during some scenes in Atlantis was very similar to the theme from The Light.

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."

Comment

Now that's the only thing I didn't like about the new show. I thought the theme music was too mellow for what's going on. It didn't have any climatic atmosphere for me.
            sigpic

Comment

There wasn't an actual title sequence, so that music from the opening might not even be used for the regular episodes. *shrug*

There was a snippet of SG-1's theme when Weir read the note from O'Neill.

Comment

Originally posted by Excali5033
                There wasn't an actual title sequence, so that music from the opening might not even be used for the regular episodes. *shrug*

There was a snippet of SG-1's theme when Weir read the note from O'Neill.
                yeh there was.

When there was Music + Helecopter, that was the openner.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Excali5033
                  I thought the opening title sequence was a little odd. There was no build-up. However, given that most title sequences consist of clips of the show, it would make sense that at least the pilot episode would be different. They don't really have clips yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
                    yeh there was.

When there was Music + Helecopter, that was the openner.
                    Yes, it was an opening title, but that was a one-time thing.

Comment

The scene was....they're not gonna show clips for the series premier. But I'm willing to bet that that was the theme song.
                      sigpic

Comment

it goes bum bum bum bum bum bum dadadadam

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
                          The scene was....they're not gonna show clips for the series premier. But I'm willing to bet that that was the theme song.
                          Maybe. But like others have said, it didn't really feel like an opening theme.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthro Girl
                            Okay, I just remembered. The theme played during some scenes in Atlantis was very similar to the theme from The Light.
                            how the HECK could you possibly remember that?!!? Some sort of new technology?
                            When I wake up..I think of you Steve.
                            I miss you.
                            Please...please come back one day.

(Steve the Wraith from Season 1)

Comment

Originally posted by Blue_Revan
                              it goes bum bum bum bum bum bum dadadadam
                              Dammit im not going to get that outta my head now!
                              When I wake up..I think of you Steve.
                              I miss you.
                              Please...please come back one day.

(Steve the Wraith from Season 1)

Comment

Working...
                              X