This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back to the Future

Well there have been rumers about this for about 4 years but Michael J Fox has given this rumer new light

Michael J Fox has revealed that he is currently in talks to star in a new ‘Back To The Future’ film.

The 1980’s trilogy were all massive hits and producers are keen to recreate the magic.

However, Fox will only agree to the film if he gets to play the role of mad scientist Doc who was originally played by Christopher Lloyd.

Fox said to moviehole.net: "The only way it would work would be if I played Doc. I'm 44 years old now and I'm not interested in running around on skateboards."

"I think after 1, 2 and 3 we all kind of felt we had done it.

"And I think if they did it again now, they would do it with a younger cast and just do a different realisation of it, which would be fun."
    Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
    - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Then, it ain't gonna happen. There is only one Marty and one Doc, and I think Michael J. Fox knows that very well, as do us all...

Comment

Back To The Future - Great Trilogy. I've bought the boxset of these ages ago, still great viewing now

On Channel 4 in the UK, these films have been voted the 7th best family movie ever.

Comment

This movie was driven directly by Doc and Marty......they did it SO well...

I loved the Trilogy, not sure about the 4th one.
        Tho I am eager to see a sequel. Maybe the write script and actors.........
        It's a joke. My way of deflecting attention from my own obvious heroism. You'll get used to it.

Comment

Only 7th?! The trilogy collectively are some of the greatest films of all time, let alone 7th in family films. So many great comic moments. As much as i love them, I don't see a 4th coming to light though, especially with MJF as the Doc. Just wouldn't work. But i live in hope

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

I love Back to the Future! It's one of my all-time favorites. I think the first two are the best thoigh.
            Remember McKay and John talking about it in Before I Sleep?
            McKay: "ok, don't even get me started on that movie!!" so funny

Comment

1.21 JIGAWATTS!!!!

Comment

why do i get the feeling it could turn into an episode of the cartoon? one of the docs kids does something stupid and it is up to marty to save him or them if both are included.

personally, i'd love to see BTTF4, but as long as Christopher Lloyd at least returns to play Doc, which MJF can play Doc McFly.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by leaper
                  Then, it ain't gonna happen. There is only one Marty and one Doc, and I think Michael J. Fox knows that very well, as do us all...
                  That's how I feel. I just can't see a sequel without both of them in it, playing their old roles. I don't think I could go see such a thing.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

It just won't be the same without Lea Thompson.

Comment

i wouldn't be surprised to see Lea Thompson in the movie. she could play an future, older version of Marty's daughter, granddaughter or even a younger version of Marty's mother or different ancestor.

sigpic

Comment

Cool, I love the back to the future movies, can't wait!

Comment

It would only work if Marty because of the Doc's influence decided to study science and then became a mad scientist. I understand him not wanting to do the skatebrourd thing, but they sould make Marty a mad scientist
                          Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

I just don't know. I'm really quite confused on exactly how I feel about the prospect of a new Back to the Future movie. I just don't want to see it's good name tarnished.
                            sigpic
                            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                            "...phu...ah..."
                            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

There have been BTTF4 rumours flying around since I was in the B5 fandom AT LEAST! Rumours have generally suggested that the new film will be Doc Brown centred, first I've heard that MJF would even consider playing the Doc though(Great Scott! That idea is completely insane).
                              I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Working...
                              X