This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sound levels in Atlantis pilot?

I didn't see a thread about this--sorry if I'm being repetetive.

We watched the pilot at a friend's house last night, and I don't know if it was just his TV or what, but there were quite a few times where the music was so loud we could hardly hear what the people were saying. Did this happen to anyone else? I haven't ever noticed this being a problem watching SG-1.

I didn't have this problem.
    sigpic

Comment

Sounded fine to me.

Comment

I watched it in 5.1 Dolby Surround and I did notice one scene on the Wraith planet where the background ship noise combined with the score almost drowned out the dialogue, but that was the only time I noticed. I have noticed that surround sound mixes on non-surround sound systems can sometimes sound a little muddy.
        Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
        O'Neill: Who doesn't?
        - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
        - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
        once done, cannot be undone...
        brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

I suspect the sound problem you mention was either your friend's television, or the local cable provider - an engineer was asleep at the switch? It was fine here. I had to record it twice to get out copies to friends this morning...grrrr *they* are at GateCon!!!!!
          sigpic

Comment

I heard it all fine.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
            [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

same here, it really pissed me off too.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthro Girl
                I have noticed that surround sound mixes on non-surround sound systems can sometimes sound a little muddy.
                He just had it playing through the TV, rather than through the nifty-whifty speakers, so maybe that was the problem.

Comment

Ihad the same probelm with my dvd the sound was quite quiet

Comment

I never really had much of a problem with the sound in SG-1 DVD's, of course I have a great 5.1 sound system hooked up to both my TV downstairs and my computer upstairs, so that's not really been a problem. I have noticed, however, that in many DVD's that I do own the sound effects/music do tend to out-balance the dialogue, which is always annoying because sometimes you miss important stuff (Ark of Truth had that problem)
                    That is just my two cents.

Comment

Working...
                    X