PDA

View Full Version : Sound levels in Atlantis pilot?

HelenaJ71
July 17th, 2004, 01:04 PM
I didn't see a thread about this--sorry if I'm being repetetive.

We watched the pilot at a friend's house last night, and I don't know if it was just his TV or what, but there were quite a few times where the music was so loud we could hardly hear what the people were saying. Did this happen to anyone else? I haven't ever noticed this being a problem watching SG-1.

Mio
July 17th, 2004, 01:40 PM
I didn't have this problem.

Selmak
July 17th, 2004, 01:41 PM
Sounded fine to me.

Anthro Girl
July 17th, 2004, 01:52 PM
I watched it in 5.1 Dolby Surround and I did notice one scene on the Wraith planet where the background ship noise combined with the score almost drowned out the dialogue, but that was the only time I noticed. I have noticed that surround sound mixes on non-surround sound systems can sometimes sound a little muddy.

Nolamom
July 17th, 2004, 01:56 PM
I suspect the sound problem you mention was either your friend's television, or the local cable provider - an engineer was asleep at the switch? It was fine here. I had to record it twice to get out copies to friends this morning...grrrr *they* are at GateCon!!!!!

DownFallAngel
July 17th, 2004, 01:58 PM
I heard it all fine.

astroblade
July 17th, 2004, 02:01 PM
same here, it really pissed me off too.

HelenaJ71
July 17th, 2004, 02:11 PM
I have noticed that surround sound mixes on non-surround sound systems can sometimes sound a little muddy.He just had it playing through the TV, rather than through the nifty-whifty speakers, so maybe that was the problem.

Zana_Lal
August 25th, 2008, 01:06 PM
Ihad the same probelm with my dvd the sound was quite quiet

Browncoat1984
August 25th, 2008, 03:25 PM
I never really had much of a problem with the sound in SG-1 DVD's, of course I have a great 5.1 sound system hooked up to both my TV downstairs and my computer upstairs, so that's not really been a problem. I have noticed, however, that in many DVD's that I do own the sound effects/music do tend to out-balance the dialogue, which is always annoying because sometimes you miss important stuff (Ark of Truth had that problem)