Clear All

The Devil To Pay (211)

Stargate: Horizon - Season Two
    "The Devil To Pay"

"The Devil To Pay"
    Ep: 2.11
    Release Date: December 22 2005
    Written by Alex Rubit

Following a discovery that's made in Malaysia, the Horizon team are called back to Earth. But Grant soon learns there's more to their visit than the discovery. A Kih'Andari agent has infiltrated the highest levels of ISGC.
    Outstanding
    85.00%
    Good
    10.00%
    Fair
    5.00%
    Poor
    0.00%
    Terrible
    0.00%
    Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

Sorry for the delay in posting this episode thread. The new episode has been released some time ago this afternoon, but I haven't been able to start the thread and poll as I've just gotten home.

Well, this is it: the mid season finale (time's been flying by). As usual you can download the episode on the Stargate: Horizon homepage. Due to an internal technical glitch, the news section hasn't been updated yet. But that will be fixed and updated over the weekend - our webmaster should be getting to it shortly.

We hope you enjoy this episode (and the nice cliffhanger ending ). Don't forget to stop back here for comments and discussions.

Comment

Well Alex, excellent mid-season story, but as I have told you on several times, I hate "To Be Continued" story lines. They always leave me wanting more, which is what you have planned. Your sick, just sick

On a side note, this installment would have been even be if Sivok had been involved

Comment

Nice episode! Bloody Dureg, trying to spoil my christmas by invading Earth!. Hey, when's part two coming?
        Don't you want to look beyond the horizon?

In the 2 hours and 14 minutes that Torri Higginson was online, there were 272 posts in the Elizabeth Weir Wow Thread. I was responsible for 2 of them. (Oh yeah and Gateworld crashed, but that's not important)

Please click here to feed the hungry, protect endangered land, and help fight breast cancer without spending a penny (inspired by the Whistler 84 in Memoriam thread)

Comment

Sometime in February I think.

Nice work on this one, Alex. I kind of like te earth-based episodes. and that thing about the password and the dog... good laugh my friend.

can't wait for 2.12!
          ROFLMAO Check This Out!!!

Comment

Originally posted by AzMcNeil
            Well Alex, excellent mid-season story, but as I have told you on several times, I hate "To Be Continued" story lines. They always leave me wanting more, which is what you have planned. Your sick, just sick
            From a writer's point of view, I think Zach put it best: "You just have to love it whenever that To Be Continued phrase pops up."

On a side note, this installment would have been even be if Sivok had been involved
            I'm not surprised that you would say that.

Comment

Originally posted by mentalmichael
              Nice episode! Bloody Dureg, trying to spoil my christmas by invading Earth!. Hey, when's part two coming?
              I'm glad you liked it. We'll just have to see what happens with Earth at this point.

I did post a preliminary schedule here on the forum some time ago, but that's no longer up to date actually. Currently we don't yet have a specific date for when new episodes will resume. A lot of it depends on how many new writers we'll be getting, and how fast the next few episodes will be ready for release. But we're probably looking at February.

Comment

I'm not even sure what happens in part two exactly quite yet, so I'm looking forward to reading the outline.

Great episode, Alex. I know we've had this one in the works for a while, having been planning an "Earth Crisis" story before my arrival. The anticipation was worth it.
                Beyond the Horizon Lies the Gateway to a New Galaxy
                Stargate Horizon, Co-Executive Producer
                Latest Episode: 4.06 - "Eden"
                Stargate Destiny, Fan
                Latest Episode: 1.20 - "Alliances, Part One"

Comment

Originally posted by lionel_pendergast_rocks
                  Sometime in February I think.

Nice work on this one, Alex. I kind of like te earth-based episodes. and that thing about the password and the dog... good laugh my friend.

can't wait for 2.12!
                  I really like Earth-based episodes, too. Mainly because it's different from what we usually do. Other than on SG-1, the show isn't set on Earth, so going there kind of seems like a bit of a bigger event. I also really like the fact that episodes on Earth kind of underline that this is still very much the Earth we're familiar with. It's seven years into the future, but it's still very much our generation, and people we can relay to. So having people use cell phones and cars is a nice break from the futuristic environment we're usually in when being on Horizon.

What I personally also enjoy about this particular two parter is that it deals with the consequences of the Stargate being public, more than ever. I think the last few moments of this episode make it obvious that this will be having some huge consequences - in many ways Earth won't be the same. We'll be dealing a lot with the consequences, not only in part two, but throughout the future of the series. I've said it before, the idea was always to keep it very realistic. So, just ask yourselves what would happen if the Stargate were to go public today? And more so, what would happen if a broadcast like the one at the end of this episode would be airing on TV? What we have here is today's world, but a world that is aware of the existence of life on other planets, as well as threats coming from space. You've got to wonder, just how long will the ISGC be able to survive under these circumstances. Will it be shut down at some point in the future? That's assuming Earth will survive the next episode of course. Gotta wonder.

I'm glad you like the idea of the Nebulan, Geoff (even though you've mentioned that in another post). I have to say pretty much all scenes with Grant and the Nebulan Woman are some of my favorites. Watch out for some interesting revelations regarding the Nebulan in the near future. Could we even one day find out what their real name is, who they really are? I guess that's possible, but who knows these things for sure?

And that thing about the password and the dog, if some of us might have recognized that as a reference to the SG-1 episode "Chain Reaction", that's exactly what it is.

Well, those are my two cents. I think this episode left enough unanswered questions to merit some discussion and speculation. Here are a few questions which I currently can't answer (as much as I'd love to): will the Enoly really attack Earth? What will happen with General Williams? How will Earth's population react to these events? What about Christine's brother, is he innocent? What about this organization Williams supposedly works for? And what about the Phoenix Coalition? And just what's so special about this chamber for the Enoly to be interested in it? Lots of questions, and we'll learn the answer to the last one in the teaser of "The Chamber", by the way.

Here's an interesting deal: the more discussions we get going here, the more we might feel compelled to reveal one or two spoilers to shorten the wait.

On a side note, it's fun to have the Air Force Chief of Staff make another appearance. I'm sure if we were on TV, we might have gotten the real one again, like in "Lost City". That's kind of how I pictured it while writing it.

Comment

Originally posted by SierraGulf1
                    I'm not even sure what happens in part two exactly quite yet, so I'm looking forward to reading the outline.

Great episode, Alex. I know we've had this one in the works for a while, having been planning an "Earth Crisis" story before my arrival. The anticipation was worth it.
                    Yeah, that was the working title for this two parter: Earth Crisis 1 and Earth Crisis 2. They would have made for nice episode titles too I would think.

Comment

Hey Alex, I knew I forgot to ask something) was thata nod to EAG's fanfic Destiny when you mentioned project Destiny? I thought was very clever if it was

Comment

One thing: "Destiny project"? I'm going to be frank, I don't know if that was nice, or if that wasn't such a good idea.
                        This poster has a Superiority Complex. Apologies in advance.

Comment

Well, since Destiny premires in January, and it takes place only about four months ahead of horizon (at least the pilot of SGD), Alex and I both thought it would be a cool idea to kind of have a nod to the series in here. and from what I understand, there might just be one in "the chamber" as well.
                          ROFLMAO Check This Out!!!

Comment

I thought Destiny was supposed to take place 7 years after Horizon's premiere.
                            This poster has a Superiority Complex. Apologies in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by NoDot
                              I thought Destiny was supposed to take place 7 years after Horizon's premiere.
                              That was changed recently. They both take place around the same time now.

Comment

Working...
                              X