Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else notice Ford/Sheppard Slashie moments?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone else notice Ford/Sheppard Slashie moments?

Did anyone else notice slashy moments between Lt. Ford and Major Sheppard? Ford was all over him. Remember when the city emerged from the water? Ford was like "Yippie, hurray, Major we made it!!" and then started getting all grabby. I half expected him to give John a big bear hug from behind!

Cant men be friends without it being considered Slash?

Arrgghh... Our society has become so Macho that people like you assume that one man cannot look up to another, admire him, agree with him or become friends with him unless it was slash.

The only thing I noticed was Dr. Weir seemed to like Sheppard more than she was suppose to.

Comment

What a crock! Slash just because they don't act like enemies? Far too many folks seem to be reading in ship (of SOME kind) into everything these days!
      sigpic

Comment

All the women who greet eachother with hugs and kisses... never knew they all were lesbians!

Comment

Ford and Sheppard are the comic releif, thats why it was that way. Although I don't agree with what youre saying, cause I didn't take it that way. I don't even know what you are talking about really. All I know is there is no Ford/Sheppard Ship and I HOPE TO GOD there is no Sheppard/Tayla ship. This show is to good to have a ****ty ship thread starting!

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
          [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

This is probably a stupid question, but what is "slash?"

Comment

male-male or female-female relationship.

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
                male-male or female-female relationship.

Oh I see. Thanks.

Comment

No problem.

Comment

I'm ..er..... delighted that I've now been in fandom long enough that I actually know what slash is.

But the answer to the original question is "no", not in the way you mean. I thought Ford and Sheppard seemed to be developing a nice bond in the pilot, a trust between two military men and potential friends. What, two men can't laugh and pat each other on the back and even hug after a tense situation (or a touchdown) without some people thinking they want to hit the hay??

I did see a small somewhat awkward romantic "moment" between Teyla and Sheppard (and I guess I may be prejudiced from reading the original casting notes that indicated these two would have a romantic attraction), but it was nothing more than prolonged eye contact in the necklace scene.

I think it will be fantastic if all the characters end up having chemistry with each other, good friendships can be great fun to watch if they're creatively written in a TV series. But I prefer to just wait and see how the characters develop and hope that they keep any "ship" on the back burner for awhile. I have a feeling that's what TPTB are going to do anyway based on recent comments.
                    Last edited by keshou; 17 July 2004, 01:42 PM.
                    Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

You forgot about that Sheppard Tayla forehead scene on the balcony.

I HATE SHIPS!

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

Comment

Either: no ship at all OR they all jump in bed with eachother in the first ep so that we dont have to worry about it anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom
                          What a crock! Slash just because they don't act like enemies? Far too many folks seem to be reading in ship (of SOME kind) into everything these days!
                          That father was a little too happy to see his son again, if you ask me.
                          It's a Fargate! It's different.

Comment

The relationship between Weir and Sheppard is cool as it is now, and that I won't mind. But something like LETS SEE TAYLA AND JOHN KISS THIS EPISODE! is stupid. I hate that stuff.!!! NO SHIPS I SAY!! Yo hoe.

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom
                              Don't get mad, Nmom, it was just a question. It's not like he said it was bad or good, just that it was. If "Jonas Quinn" wants to see slash, that's his perogative.
                              Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Working...
                              X