Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long was Farscape on Aus TV before being axed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long was Farscape on Aus TV before being axed?

Title asks it.

How long was it on before it was axed here? I know we never got the full series. I vaguely remember seeing a few episodes early on but I never understood it so stopped.

How many seasons did we end up with?

It was made in Australia wasn't it? Odd that a "local" show never really got any air time here.

Originally posted by nathanaus
    Title asks it.

How long was it on before it was axed here? I know we never got the full series. I vaguely remember seeing a few episodes early on but I never understood it so stopped.

How many seasons did we end up with?

It was made in Australia wasn't it? Odd that a "local" show never really got any air time here.
    All I can say is, *gasp* Australia actually made a sci-fi?! One that did well in America!!??!
    Whoa....also, I vaguely rememebr something about Farscape, I think we got it for a season, and in bits...i'm not 100% sure though, I only recently found out about Farscape. (recently being the start of S9 of SG-1)

Stargate Gateworld RPG. All are welcome!|Jim Andersons Bio.

Comment

Originally posted by Ascended Times.2
      All I can say is, *gasp* Australia actually made a sci-fi?! One that did well in America!!??!
      Whoa....also, I vaguely rememebr something about Farscape, I think we got it for a season, and in bits...i'm not 100% sure though, I only recently found out about Farscape. (recently being the start of S9 of SG-1)
      Yeah it was made here, that's why most of the actors are Aussie.

Don't know where in Aus it was made etc etc

Comment

The location it was made at was in Homebush, near Sydney. I know that coz I was watching something on S4 DVD, I think, Sean Masterson said something about when they had to film pilot on location, and not at the studio in Homebush. I live in Australia, but i don't remember anything about it. Showed a picture of pilot to my friend and she went "hey! I used to watch that!". I gotta go, seeya.

Comment

I went to Homebush, but it filmed all over Sydney. The first season was at the Fox Studios in Sydney, then after that they moved it to Homebush. Have I mentioned I have been there?

I am not sure it ever aired all four seasons in Australia. And yes, they made a number of scifi shows in Australia, mainly movies. Wasn't Matrix filmed there, or was it NZ?

I think it was because Channel 9 just plain hated scifi, which doesn't explain why the were involved in its production. They also played flippy floppy games with times and days it aired.

I have some friends in Australia that know more about it than I do. Next chance I get I will ask them what they know.

Comment

Working...
          X