Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Say it isn't so!

Originally posted by Entertainment Weekly
    When Buffy the Vampire Slayer creator Joss Whedon looks back on 2005, he can take comfort in knowing that his film-directing debut, the sci-fi Western Serenity, resurrected his canceled-too-soon cult classic TV series Firefly, and was also one of the year's best-reviewed movies. ''I should say I'm above reading reviews,'' he says. ''But I would be lying.'' Alas, Whedon's fond memories are also tainted by Serenity's status as a franchise nonstarter; despite Universal's best marketing efforts, the film only mustered $25 million. ''In the end, it was what it was: a tough sell,'' says Whedon, adding that it appears the Firefly saga has reached its conclusion. He has no regrets — and he's moving on. He's currently penning a Wonder Woman flick for Warner Bros., and has the thriller Goners set up at Universal; he'll direct whichever...
    http://www.ew.com/ew/report/0,6115,1141343_1_0_,00.html

Gulp!

Excuse me for a moment.

-walks out of the room-

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO--continues on for several hours-
    --OOOOOOOOOOO..........No more Serenity/firefly!! -sits in a corner and cries- I so, very, hope this will be prooved faulse, and all the rumours i'd heard around here aswell to another film...

-hugs teddy-bear- I will come back to it, he will come back to it, he WILL come back to it...

Stargate Gateworld RPG. All are welcome!|Jim Andersons Bio.

Comment

Firefly. Serenity?

24/7 Wake - KrackHouse server: 69.28.221.211:16567
      24/7 Groundpounders - Krackhouse: 69.28.221.210:16567
      Both heavily admined.

Comment

Hold. The. Phone.
        That said Firefly...it didn't mention he was finished with Serenity...

-goes back to mumbling it will come back-

Comment

Not again...
          I've had to squash this on about three different forums now. When someone posted this link on Whedonesque, a familiar name posted a response to the article.
          Trust me, you'll enjoy this, and all your fears will be put to rest.

Comment

Originally posted by White Knight
            Not again...
            I've had to squash this on about three different forums now. When someone posted this link on Whedonesque, a familiar name posted a response to the article.
            Thank you, White Knight! You don't know how relieved I am now.

*head/desk* for me!

Comment

Not again...
              White Knight:

Spreading the word of Serenity Resurrection from here to the day we all die
              (soz, on a time restraint, couldn't read article! )

Comment

Not again...
                I love you.
                sigpic
                Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

All because Nathan smells like turnips? There could be worse smells.
                  All posts are IMO, I am not a rocket scientist.

Bender: "Lets go get drunk!"
                  Pay it forward

Comment

Not again...
                    *HUGS/JUMPS ON WHITE KNIGHT* Thanks for posting that... phew... this thread near gave me a heart attack

Lizbeth
                    das haus ist gelb. ich liebe gelb!!

MySpace

Comment

Joss is too smart for Entertainment Weekly...
                      sigpic
                      "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

...Just read the thread...turnips? LoL.

So, are we supposed to assume he ment the opposite of it?
                        Yaaay! Then...

Comment

Working...
                        X