This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pegasus Galaxy

Where is the Pegasus galaxy? When I did a Google search on the Pegasus galaxy, it showed several galaxies in the Pegasus constellation. One is a small companion galaxy of the large Andromeda spiral, and is actually called the Pegasus galaxy. There is also two or three large spiral galaxies that are referred to as the Pegasus galaxy. One is 20 times further away than the Andromeda galaxy, the nearest spiral galaxy to our own Milky Way. So which one did our new team go to?

It's a fictional galaxy.

Or so I thought. After reading your post I'm not sure anylonger. Atleast I remember someone saying that Ida does exist, Pegasus does not.

Comment

Really. When they said that pegasus was in the 'local group' i thought it would be real.
      sigpic

Comment

Well its a dwarf Galaxy which means it's small

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
          Really. When they said that pegasus was in the 'local group' i thought it would be real.
          I do remember them saying it is in the local group, now. So that would be the small companion galaxy to the Andromeda Galaxy. Small be a relative term. I'm sure it still has thousands of stars.

Comment

Does that mean the Ida galaxy and the Othalla Galaxcy are falso aswell?

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
            [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

From a picture caption I found:

"The Pegasus dwarf galaxy (center) is a companion of the Andromeda spiral galaxy, approximately 2.5 million light-years from the sun." So essentially Pegasus is 'stuck' to the Andromeda galaxy due to gravity.
              http://www.ucsc.edu/oncampus/current...1-11/dwarf.htm

I read that our spiral galaxy is about:
              80,000-120,000 lightyears across
              7,000 lightyears thick
              and containing ~ 200 billion stars

Comment

What about in refference to the Ida gallaxy, or is that fictional. I've been wonderring about this a lot. It also seems that TPTB have made is appear that the energy required for this trip was more than the energy required for travelling to the Ida gallaxy. Is this a correct assumption? Also, the Asgard have the technology to travel between our galaxy and their within a reasonable amount of time (I'm not sure if it's minutes, hours or days. I know it took Carter and Teal'c ten days to reach Ida with the modified Goa'uld cargo ship). Is it possible for the ASgard to travel to Pegasus ina reasonable amount of time (i.e. months or a couple years)? Just wonderring.

Comment

I knew I heard that Atlantis had something to do with the Andromeda galaxy! I just didn't want people to think me is dumb!

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

Comment

Actually we already think you're dumb. So you being right for once wouldn't hurt

Comment

HEY HEY HEY! Thats not nice, lol.

"You are the burn master"!

Comment

7,000 lightyears thick
                        And there are billions of other galaxies!!!

Comment

Originally posted by cajunhillbilly
                          7,000 lightyears thick
                          And there are billions of other galaxies!!!
                          Wow. And the ancients only made a couple hundred stargates? What, where they picky about only using yellow dwarf stars?
                          It's a Fargate! It's different.

Comment

They said there were human life on 1000 worlds before the Wraith was found.

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
                              They said there were human life on 1000 worlds before the Wraith was found.
                              I thought they were talking about Pegasus galaxy when they mentioned 1000 worlds before the Wraith were found.

Comment

Working...
                              X