PDA

View Full Version : New Gate Activating Sound

Mio
July 17th, 2004, 08:25 AM
I'm rewatching Rising right now...anyone else notice the cool new sound that happens when an offworld activation occurs? (I'm at the part where the Wraith appear)

I like the new 'chevron encoded' noise.

aAnubiSs
July 17th, 2004, 08:26 AM
Everything in Atlantis seems cooler then the Milky Way versions :)

Dogma00
July 17th, 2004, 08:39 AM
I'm rewatching Rising right now...anyone else notice the cool new sound that happens when an offworld activation occurs? (I'm at the part where the Wraith appear)

I like the new 'chevron encoded' noise.

I thought that was cool too. I also like the way the chevrons light up. Like its on auto-dialer.

fifthmember
July 17th, 2004, 08:43 AM
My husband and I were having a different of opinion on the new Gate. He liked the "advanced" version. I prefer the old, mechanical gate. It has so many more cool audio and video effects.

GhostPoet
July 17th, 2004, 08:43 AM
I like the new sounds.

I can't believe i've seen the episode twice now...I could see it a third and love it just as much.

Is that obessive?
:P

Dogma00
July 17th, 2004, 08:51 AM
I like the new sounds.

I can't believe i've seen the episode twice now...I could see it a third and love it just as much.

Is that obessive?
:P

Nope. I wanted to buy a TiVo before the airing, but didn't get it in time.

Elwe Singollo
July 17th, 2004, 08:51 AM
My husband and I were having a different of opinion on the new Gate. He liked the "advanced" version. I prefer the old, mechanical gate. It has so many more cool audio and video effects.I too still like the old, mechanical one, haha... But the newer one is nice and kewl still :)

DownFallAngel
July 17th, 2004, 08:54 AM
I like this new gate in comparision to the old school one.

Kraw
July 17th, 2004, 09:59 AM
Nope. I wanted to buy a TiVo before the airing, but didn't get it in time.
I used my PVR in my PC :D

need to watch it again to see all the details I missed.

I also have about 80gigs of episodes I've recorded over the last few months ;)

I like the new sound effects. Especially the new Wraith ships

Rodney dex
December 6th, 2008, 02:04 PM
i think every think sounds better on atlantis,but the thing is i still love the old school sounds and visuals in sg-1