PDA

View Full Version : Gate Model

mother-goose
December 19th, 2005, 07:46 AM
Does anyone know if there are models of the gate around (to build or to buy pre built) i keep coming up empty.

PG15
December 19th, 2005, 02:42 PM
Here you are dear (a bit pricey though):

http://www.federationmodels.com/model_kits/warp_models/default.htm#Stargate

mother-goose
December 20th, 2005, 06:44 AM
why thankyou! never knew they were that pricey. and that crappy tbh, not having a go at you at all, there are amazing trek models, you would think a stargate wouldnt be hard to find.

the fifth man
December 20th, 2005, 08:43 PM
Those prices are absolutely outrageous. Are they out of their freaking minds? No way I'm paying that.

tflux
December 27th, 2005, 04:05 PM
If you're looking for a high quality model (and are willing to shell out the dough), check this one out:
http://stargateprops.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=19927

the fifth man
December 28th, 2005, 07:32 PM
If you're looking for a high quality model (and are willing to shell out the dough), check this one out:

Nice, but definitely out of my price range. Wow!

TechnoWraith
December 28th, 2005, 09:05 PM
Nice, but definitely out of my price range. Wow!

Cardboard works, too. Once i get done with the Dartboard (my cardboard model of a wraith dart), i'm gonna start working on a stargate cardboard model.

Ben
December 31st, 2005, 04:05 PM
I have the stargate from stargateprops.com and its awesome :) looks really nice. The price is down to $195 which is not so bad, but be careful if you do not live in the US shipping is really expensive.

the fifth man
December 31st, 2005, 09:35 PM
I have the stargate from stargateprops.com and its awesome :) looks really nice. The price is down to $195 which is not so bad, but be careful if you do not live in the US shipping is really expensive.

Unfortunately, still a little pricey for this guy. How much was it before?

Nem2k
January 1st, 2006, 09:08 AM
i ordered the one which is shown on the stargateprops site. it looks awesome, saw it at gabit a few months ago and still waiting for it to arrive :(

Ben
January 1st, 2006, 01:48 PM
It used to cost $349. Quite a big price drop, i wouldn't have paid that much for it thats way to much.

the fifth man
January 1st, 2006, 10:16 PM
It used to cost $349. Quite a big price drop, i wouldn't have paid that much for it thats way to much.

Well, hopefully it will drop a little more. Then maybe I'll seriously consider buying it.:)

Eoin
January 2nd, 2006, 10:59 AM
Thats looks excellent :D Im deffinitley getting one, to bad i didnt know you could get them before now :D

WraithWarrior
January 3rd, 2006, 02:15 PM
Well there is always the cheaper version and wait until the Action Figures are released and collect the figures and build up your own gate that way. Only about $15 each I think and you will need to collect 8 figures in total over 2 waves of the figures, that way you dont pay all at once.

I have a problem getting them because I live in the UK and they will be hard to get over here at the start when they are first released

the fifth man
January 3rd, 2006, 08:09 PM
Speaking of the action figures, man I can't wait for those.

AcidSquid
January 3rd, 2006, 11:38 PM
Techno... Make some plans Ill make a Life-Size one...
Im thinking of making fan films

WraithWarrior
January 4th, 2006, 07:09 AM
Speaking of the action figures, man I can't wait for those.

I know, I'm looking everywhere on the net to try to pre-order them and get them shipped to the UK, cant wait. Looking forward to getting them so much. Also trying to get the Special Ops O'neill figure. The pictures of all 5 of the figures are apparently in the Diamonds Preview Catalogue, but cant find it anywhere on the net, so if anyone can find the pics on the net please let us know the link

Kool! You'll av to let us know when you have done them/if you do them 'cos id love to see them

TechnoWraith
January 4th, 2006, 09:52 AM

Fan films are always fun. ;)

WraithWarrior
January 4th, 2006, 12:10 PM
Ive never actually seen any fan films, but it sounds good. The closest I came to a fan film kind of thing was a member that started to make his own episodes using toys and cardboard props, vehicles and buildings. It looked kool

Kensterman
January 5th, 2006, 07:25 AM
I'm quite amazed that there are not more, if any, model kits of SG ships, gates, etc like you'd see with other SCI-FI shows.

WraithWarrior
January 5th, 2006, 07:31 AM
I know its a shame really but who knows with the new figures coming out they may release some ships, etc. *he hopes*

TechnoWraith
January 5th, 2006, 09:27 AM
I'm quite amazed that there are not more, if any, model kits of SG ships, gates, etc like you'd see with other SCI-FI shows.

It comes down to franchise merchandising. Sony/MGM may have just released the licensing to various interested companies for creating toys, models, etc. It seems that Diamond Select Toys is now making action figures, and other companies may soon take an interest in offering to make models, etc. It does seem a little odd that almost 10 years have gone by and Stargate SG-1 has not had any major licensing for making toys and models. That may change, though.