This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wraith Feeding?

Does anyone have any ideas how the Wraith can actually "feed" off of human life?

So far my best guess is that they can influence your mind to speed up the normal aging processes of the human body, much like what happened to O'Neill with the nanotechnology in (100 Days?). But how can the Wraith FEED off of this? And is the effect permanent, or can you recover eventually (like O'Neill did)?
    There is only one thing we can ever truly control: whether we are good, or evil.

Standard energy. They drain the body of energy in the cells and aging is a result of that.

Or something

Comment

They can probably simulate aging in order to have the humans create energy that the Wraith feed off of.
      sigpic

Comment

So is it permanent?
        There is only one thing we can ever truly control: whether we are good, or evil.

Comment

Death? Or the aging part?=)

probably.

Comment

Originally posted by puddlejumper747
            So is it permanent?
            I would think both would be. Seeing as it looks like the Wraith pretty much suck people dry.

Spoiler Space
            ****** USE IT *******
            SFA rank - Sgt-At-Arms

To find out more vist the FAQ

Cry havoc, and let slip the dogma of war!

Comment

I think the aging is permanet.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
              [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Originally posted by puddlejumper747
                Does anyone have any ideas how the Wraith can actually "feed" off of human life?
                Haven't you ever heard of vampires? Okay, so they suck blood, but apparently so do the Wraith. They just lack incisors.
                Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
                O'Neill: Who doesn't?
                - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
                - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
                once done, cannot be undone...
                brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

I was wondering about the whole "feed off of life energy" thing. Because if the Wraith most likely can't die of old age (according to Dr. Carson "Not to be confused with Sam" Beckett), why would they feed off of a human's youth?

Of course, if they're really just feeding off of cellular energy and the aging-to-death thing is a coincidental side-effect, then it all works out.
                  It's a Fargate! It's different.

Comment

Originally posted by JQuinn
                    I was wondering about the whole "feed off of life energy" thing. Because if the Wraith most likely can't die of old age (according to Dr. Carson "Not to be confused with Sam" Beckett), why would they feed off of a human's youth?

Of course, if they're really just feeding off of cellular energy and the aging-to-death thing is a coincidental side-effect, then it all works out.
                    They said it's unlikely the Wraith would ever die IF they were properly nourished. Meaning, as long as they eat (i.e. suck the life out of humans, that's how they are nourished) they will live forever.

Did it look REALLY painful to anyone else? Not only were her claws dug into his chest, but she was torturing the Colonel and sucking his life slowly. She didn't speed up the process until Sheppard started firing on her.

Comment

It has to be fatal.

Look at the corpse who was seated at the table.

Comment

Fatal if the wraith continues....The keeper could have stopped half way through, and left him alive.
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X