This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rate Atlantis: Rising (Spoilers)

After all the hype I would have to say that the show did a good job living up to all the expectations.

The Wraith are freaky, especially the female. I was hoping they wouldnt disappoint, and IMO they didnt. If they defeated the Ancients then Im sure we'll see how powerful they really are later on down the line. Its going to be hard getting that wraith's face out of my head, I hope I dont have nightmares

I didnt expect Robert Patrick to be killed in the first episode, that was the only thing I didnt like. He would have been a solid addition to the show.

Overall I see a big future for Atlantis and I cant wait to see next week's episode.

I would give it an 8 out of 10. Great show!

I give it 10/10

I thought it was so cool!!

RDA: "I dunno that much about Pete to be honest with you. Apprently he's no threat to O'Neill!"

SAM AND JACK FOREVER

My Sam & Jack Fan Fics

Comment

9.25/10....

It was a good show.
      sigpic

Comment

Really good

Comment

I'm giving it a 10/10 - it certainly made an instant fan of me and I was not expecting that to happen

It seems TPTB pulled out all stops on this one - hope they can keep the special effects and writing humming along throughout the season - albeit at a probably lesser intensity - but this first episode can stand alone on its merits.

Atlantis Rising = Shining Star (of Approval)

Comment

9/10

I loved it! It certainly met my expectations after months of waiting. The only thing I wish they had included was the opening theme song. I was really looking forward to hearing and seeing the way they put together the show opening song thing. Oh well, maybe next week.

Comment

9/10

I found the main cast likable, the plot very interesting and the baddies down right freaky. As a main point I think we have another winner on our hands here. I can wait to see the next eps.

Spoiler Space
              ****** USE IT *******
              SFA rank - Sgt-At-Arms

To find out more vist the FAQ

Cry havoc, and let slip the dogma of war!

Comment

I was like a kid waiting for xmas all day yesterday and the show did not disappoint. These Wraith are some wicked aliens for sure. Really look forward to the rest of the season.

Comment

Good show.
                  They even found time to make jokes....

"Look the gate has a force field like the earth gate's iris"! **On** **Off** **on**

"Power...POWER...."

^ Earth Rules.

"And I hope noone forgot to feed my Rash'nak"

-Daniel, "Icon" Season 8 SG-1

Comment

i thought it was great. 9/10

Comment

The show lived up to all the hype/expectations. A very worthy successor to SG-1 should this be the final season.
                      Carter: Navigation? O'Neill: Check. Carter: Oxygen, Pressure, Temperature Control?
                      O'Neill: Check. Carter: Internal Dampeners? O'Neill: Cool!, and Check. Carter: Engine?
                      O'Neill: All Check. O'Neill: Phasers? Carter: Sorry Sir.

Comment

9/10 It was awesome. I'm looking forward to the next episode. I would have given it a 10 but I was a little upset at the fact that Sam and Tea'c weren't there. But i'll get over it. I understand why they did it.
                        Vegn

Comment

9/10 Stars
                          (Very Very Good Show)

3 things I didn't understand though:
                          -What actually caused Atlantis to rise to the surface?
                          -How were Teyla's people speaking English? (Seriously, from an in-universe explanation please.)
                          -Did Sheppard actually shoot to kill Sumner; or was he perhaps trying to save him by aiming at the Wraith's hand that was killing him? (This was my one big morality issue with an otherwise moral character.)

*EDIT*-Where were Sam and Teal'c anyway?
                          There is only one thing we can ever truly control: whether we are good, or evil.

Comment

Originally posted by puddlejumper747
                            9/10 Stars
                            (Very Very Good Show)

3 things I didn't understand though:
                            -What actually caused Atlantis to rise to the surface?
                            -How were Teyla's people speaking English? (Seriously, from an in-universe explanation please.)
                            -Did Sheppard actually shoot to kill Sumner; or was he perhaps trying to save him by aiming at the Wraith's hand that was killing him? (This was my one big morality issue with an otherwise moral character.)

1. Failsafe device. The forcefield was failing and the only way for the city not to be crushed by water was to rise.
                            2. Either Universal Translators, English was really developed in the Peaguses galaxy, or the magic of TV
                            3. Yes, Sumner was dying and in great pain. Sheppard killed him also so that his suffering would end - there really was no way to help him.

HOWEVER!! In some preview shots for the episode I thought we saw Sumner being carried away to the Stargate. Guess they took that out.

Comment

Originally posted by puddlejumper747
                              Due to roylaties and legalities with SG-1 v. Stargate Movie, the characters were not allowed to be, or be mentioned, in the pilot episodes of Atlantis. Don't worry, they will make future guest appearances.

Comment

Working...
                              X