This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How is Mitchell like Jack?

How is Mitchell like Jack? I have seen plenty of people say he tries too hard to be like O'neill (with two L's) but haven't noticed it myself.
    Here's my argument:
    -He actually cares about technobabble/archeology that Daniel and Sam bring up.
    -He is not brash with aliens (think Babylon... now put O'neill in Babylon)
    -Mitchell is not jumpy to first thought violent plans
    -Mitchell seems alot nicer, not saying Jack isn't a good guy, he's awesome, but he can be... rude
    Basically, swap Mitchell in O'neill in any ep, and think about how differently the episode would have progressed.
    Name some examples of how he is like or trying to be like Jack, please.

He's not like Jack.

Comment

Nope.
      TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Originally posted by Johnquixote
        Basically, swap Mitchell in O'neill in any ep, and think about how differently the episode would have progressed.
        Yeah, that would be interesting. The ep would probably be more funny.
        sigpic

Comment

Ummm...he's caucasian. That's about it as far as I can tell.
          Oh, and he's male.

Comment

Originally posted by Seshat
            Ummm...he's caucasian. That's about it as far as I can tell.
            Oh, and he's male.
            CRAP... way to prove me wrong Seshat, I am so redding you! (J/K!)

Comment

CRAP... way to prove me wrong Seshat, I am so redding you! (J/K!)
              Well, I could only come up with TWO.

Wait, wait! He's single and available!! That's three!

Comment

I agree that Mitchell is nothing like O'Neill was. Totally different outlook on things. He's definitely going to seperate himself from any comparisons as this show moves forward. And that isn't a bad thing in my book. I liked O'Neill for what he brought to the table. Now I'm beginning to enjoy Mitchell for what he brings.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

he's not he be completely different

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris-RA
                    Nope.
                    Indeed, see I just tried to be like teal'c.

Comment

Mitchell is much smater then jack there don't have to stop the show every few minutes to explain that carter said which is why i'm happier with jack gone. the dense part of jack got boring.

Jack was good at making jokes
                      Mitchell is always in the loop and loves his job. and the creppier the mission or enemy the better Mitchell likes it.

Jack would just doom and gloom everything.
                      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

How is Mitchell like Jack? I have seen plenty of people say he tries too hard to be like O'neill (with two L's) but haven't noticed it myself.
                        Here's my argument:
                        -Mitchell seems alot nicer, not saying Jack isn't a good guy, he's awesome, but he can be... rude

is that vala in your sig? if so from what ep (if even in stargate)?

Comment

Originally posted by NakedJehutyV2
                          is that vala in your sig? if so from what ep (if even in stargate)?
                          His sig. has a photo of Claudia when she was on Farscape. It was in Season 4's "John Quixote".
                          sigpic
                          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Here's my argument:
                            the ONLY thing that feels jack-like to me is mitchell's one-liners and quips. they irritate me because they seem so out of place when they're used. in fact, i'd rather him never use them again. i like him taking things (and himself) more seriously.

sally
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                              the ONLY thing that feels jack-like to me is mitchell's one-liners and quips. they irritate me because they seem so out of place when they're used. in fact, i'd rather him never use them again. i like him taking things (and himself) more seriously.

sally
                              Yeah, but some of that is just what BB brings to the table. If you ever saw Farscape, you'll know what I mean. Trust me, I think we'll see some awesome material from Ben down the line.
                              sigpic
                              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Working...
                              X