X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Script or Novel

Hi there

With all the new Virtual series floating about, I've noticed that people prefer different formats, so who prefers...

Novel/Novella - written in the same style as a good fanfic

or

Script/Transcript - written in the same style as a script of the show

Me?

Novella format

Oh and any mods willing to turn this into a poll? Pretty please wth sugar on top
    Script Format
    23.81%
    Novella - like a fanfic
    61.90%
    Virtual season???? What's that?
    14.29%
    sigpic
    Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Well I like novella format because it is natural, but I could go either way.
    Lastest Episode: Alliances, Part One

Comment

Yeah that's like me...I prefer that to script, but either does
      sigpic

Comment

I like script but I'm also interested prose format since Im dying for Fandemonium to bring out their own spin-off...so I'll take either depending on how the story grabs me.
        sigpic
        Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

I once wrote a season nine in both script and novella form. The prose worked far, far better.

I had nearly finished, when my machine got a bug, lost half the work, and they announced the real season nine.

So I thought, okay, maybe not.
          Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Thankies to whichever kind Mod made this a poll
            sigpic

Comment

you're welcome
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Hello Sky! You always seem to be popping up... a very busy mod!
                Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

It has to be novella for me, its easier for me to read, get drawn into, and as a writer much easier (in my opinion anywayz) to create good work.

While I'm here, shameless self-promotion for my first fanfiction story (Stargate - Atlantis: Showdown), posted on fanfiction.net and will probably get done on this site's fanfiction section, once all the chapters are done with!

Enjoy the abundance of fanfic work out there, readers and writers both! I just luv it all!

Capt

Comment

Script. While I understand the reasons for the novella format, When I try write like that I can never get the fluff parts right. What I men is the space fillers that describe the scenery or whatever. Example:

The sky was dark, storm clouds threatened near by. The team worked frantically to get everything ready in time. Suddenly Person X noticed the trees swaying and the scent of the flowers in bllom reminded him of his childhood. A far simpler time ..."

I have trouble with writing that stuff, I prefer to get it all down, get it out and leave it to others to fill in the fluff bits.

Comment

I like nouvella more, also because I'm still learning English, so I like it to learn new adjectives which are more frequent.

And with the novellas you are more involved with the story while reading

Comment

Working...
                      X