Serenity Novel Thread Spoilers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Serenity Novel Thread Spoilers

I've just got the novelization for Serenity and I have to say it was an interesting idea also using the start of the episode Serenity and some of the stuff from the series for Simons prologue, interesting move.
    sigpic
    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

I haven't gotten it yet, but I read the first chapter online on the browncoats website. I thought that was interesting too, the way they started with the episode Serenity, then moved into the movie. It seemed well written from what I read online, but when they make books out of movies, things tend to change.

Sometimes the author doesn't quite get the characters voices right, or they rely to heavily on the thought process of a certain character, including a lot of unnecessary backstory that doesn't add all that much to the plot. Is that the case with this one?
    YAY DANCING BANANAS!!!

Hallowed Are The Moderators

Kate Hewlett's blog

A Dog's Breakfast official site

37.47535% - Major Geek How geeky are you?

Comment

I thought this was bang on, finished it today and well...I loved it. Even the thoughts for the characters where what you'd expect and it even uses the good ol' westy talk.

The writer was obviously a fan of the series, lots of references and things to the series. Excellent book.
      sigpic

Comment

can you get these at like a barns and noble or do you have to order them from a certain place.

Lizbeth
        das haus ist gelb. ich liebe gelb!!

MySpace

Comment

Dunno, I got mine from Ebay.
          sigpic

Comment

I quite enjoyed the novelisation, and I hope that Kieth gets to write one of the two new Firefly/Serenity novels.

Comment

Waqsnt that much difference between that and the movie though, had been hoping for more deleted scenes.
              sigpic

Comment

Keith said in an interview on Firefly Talk that there are far less scenes that are cut or changed if the director and writer are the same person (which, for Serenity, was Joss). There aren't many deleted scenes, and all of them are in the novel.

Comment

The book is available at Barnes and Noble.

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/boo...Q&cds2Pid=9481
                  All posts are IMO, I am not a rocket scientist.

Bender: "Lets go get drunk!"
                  Pay it forward

Comment

Working...
                  X