Clear All

The Cold and Distant Stars (210)

Stargate: Horizon - Season Two
    "The Cold and Distant Stars"

"The Cold and Distant Stars"
    Ep: 2.10
    Release Date: December 15 2005
    Written by Alex Rubit

As Sonak is found on board a heavily damaged ship, the Horizon team discovers that the balance of power in the galaxy is being altered.
    Outstanding
    60.00%
    Good
    40.00%
    Fair
    0.00%
    Poor
    0.00%
    Terrible
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

Due to a slight technical delay, the episode will be released a little later than normally. It should be out, hopefully, within the hour.

But, I know what you're thinking... after this long hiatus, what's another hour?

Comment

Of course we're thinking that.

Comment

Well, great news! The episode has now been released, thus the break is officially over.

As usual, you can download the episode on the Stargate: Horizon homepage. Enjoy, and make sure to stop back for discussions and reviews.

Comment

Just finished reading it (yes I'm addicted now), and it's so... argh, I wont give spoilers, but this episode is one of the best when it omes to character relationships.

Comment

Originally posted by Wineblood
            Just finished reading it (yes I'm addicted now), and it's so... argh, I wont give spoilers, but this episode is one of the best when it omes to character relationships.
            Thanks. I'm glad you liked it.

I don't think we have to be too concerned with spoilers in this thread. You can use spoiler warnings to be sure, but since it's the discussion thread for the episode spoilers might pop up every now and then.

Comment

That was a good episode. For some reason Bay'lar really reminds me of Sergent Bates off Atlantis season 1!
              Don't you want to look beyond the horizon?

In the 2 hours and 14 minutes that Torri Higginson was online, there were 272 posts in the Elizabeth Weir Wow Thread. I was responsible for 2 of them. (Oh yeah and Gateworld crashed, but that's not important)

Please click here to feed the hungry, protect endangered land, and help fight breast cancer without spending a penny (inspired by the Whistler 84 in Memoriam thread)

Comment

Excellent episode, but there are still some spelling mistakes here and there, like rouge instead of rogue...
                Truth is relative. Pick one that works

Comment

Really? Alex, once Justin's done reading em, send em to me. You know I can be a little uptight about spelling mistakes upon release, and the more that look at it, the less that's likely to be missed.

As for the episode, it's one of my favorites. I'm sure we'll be seeing more from Sonak in the near future.
                  Beyond the Horizon Lies the Gateway to a New Galaxy
                  Stargate Horizon, Co-Executive Producer
                  Latest Episode: 4.06 - "Eden"
                  Stargate Destiny, Fan
                  Latest Episode: 1.20 - "Alliances, Part One"

Comment

Originally posted by mentalmichael
                    That was a good episode. For some reason Bay'lar really reminds me of Sergent Bates off Atlantis season 1!
                    Well, they do have the same job.

Comment

Actually I kept seeing Bay'lar as Ronan in this episode. Pretty enjoyable, I knew this was going to be a character development orientated episode so I was in no rushm to read it but it was pretty enjoyable for a less intense episode.

I quiet liked how Sivea and Sonak interacted while he was memoryless and also the thing between Sivea and Bay'lar. Sivea is an interesting character, but what I want now is an episode for Grant.
                      sigpic
                      Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard
                        Actually I kept seeing Bay'lar as Ronan in this episode. Pretty enjoyable, I knew this was going to be a character development orientated episode so I was in no rushm to read it but it was pretty enjoyable for a less intense episode.

I quiet liked how Sivea and Sonak interacted while he was memoryless and also the thing between Sivea and Bay'lar. Sivea is an interesting character, but what I want now is an episode for Grant.
                        I'm glad you enjoyed the episode after all. Actually Grant will have his moments in both part one and two of the mid season two parter. And we have a stand alone concept in development that will focus on his character.

Now, speaking of Bay'lar, there's an interesting scene that was cut from the final draft. It's a scene between Bay'lar and Callen, and, surprise, I figured I'll just post a link to it here.

The scene is about Callen and Bay'lar discussing how to proceed with regard to Sonak. It also shows that Bay'lar doesn't exactly like Sonak too much, because of what he did. This again becomes obvious later in the episode of course. The scene also makes a point of how serious the situation with the Kih'Andari is, and that Bay'lar thinks a war is inevitable.

This scene originally took place early in Act Two. It was the scene that followed the one with Grant and Sivea in the mess hall. It was deleted for two reasons actually. One, it wasn't really necessary for it to be there, even though it would have explained why Sonak isn't being treated as a prisoner (I figured it was kind of self-explanatory). Two, and more importantly, I felt it kind of slowed the episode down too much. It seemed to distract from the main storyline, which is the mystery of what's happened to Sonak and his ship. So, in terms of pacing I think it works much better to go from Grant and Sivea straight to Chase and Tom on the Kih'Andari bridge.

You can download the scene by clicking on this link!

There's also a deleted scene from "The Devil To Pay", which I'll be posting over the weekend. In fact, there are quite a few deleted scenes from various episodes, which we'll be releasing. And to proof that they really exist, here's one of them.
                        Last edited by Alex Rubit; 23 December 2005, 02:58 PM.

Comment

Hmmm, I had better keep any deleted scenes that I may have to get rid of in "Yusuf Returns." I forgot to do that with PP, I'm sure there were one or two interesting ones.
                          Stargate Destiny, Fan

Comment

Dont you keep ahold of the previous drafts?
                            sigpic
                            Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Actually, I do, but only actual drafts. Sometimes, if there's a change in between when drafts are released, it's unnecessary to save the old version. I could see what I do have.
                              Stargate Destiny, Fan

Comment

Working...
                              X