This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pegasus Galaxy, How Far Can It Be?

I was just about to fall asleep when this hit me.

How far can Atlantis and the Pegasus galaxy really be? It took the stargate an 8th chevron to get there, but it also took the stargate an 8th chevron to get to the Asgard planet Othalla in the Ida Galaxy. Now we've seen the Asgard travel between their galaxy and the Milky Way galaxy within a short amount of time in their ships. How long could it take the Asgard to get to Atantis, mere hours? The Asgard owe so much to O'neill that they can give him and his team a round trip to Atlantis.
    *Peter turns on the energy based iris while Atlantis is very low on power*
    McKay - "Using power, using power, using power..."

Originally posted by EYU86
    I was just about to fall asleep when this hit me.

How far can Atlantis and the Pegasus galaxy really be? It took the stargate an 8th chevron to get there, but it also took the stargate an 8th chevron to get to the Asgard planet Othalla in the Ida Galaxy. Now we've seen the Asgard travel between their galaxy and the Milky Way galaxy within a short amount of time in their ships. How long could it take the Asgard to get to Atantis, mere hours? The Asgard owe so much to O'neill that they can give him and his team a round trip to Atlantis.
    ** SPOILERS: SG-1 Season 8 New Order Pt1+2 ***
    Oh, I'm sure there will be another reason. Perhaps the Asgard are too busy rebuilding their civilization and can't afford to take a trip. Besides, the Ancients were more powerful than the Asgard (New Order) and the Ancients got destroyed.... so the Asgard would probably meet a similar demise. They couldn't even figure out the anti-replicator weapon where Jack did in a few minutes using Ancient knowledge. Similarly, the Asgard's weapons don't seem to rival the Ancients, otherwise they could of destroyed the Go'ould centuries ago...

Comment

It is still possible to see the Asgard in Atlantis, they have the ability to travel to Pegasus... I doubt in the first season though.

Comment

Maybe it's something like Ida - Milky Way ---- Pegasus. The Asgard COULD make the trip, but then they have things like the Replicators to keep them busy, which is the best possible answer, and they only came up with the technology to make the travel between Ida and the Milky way during the whole replicator thing. It's totally possible that the Ancients went to them, like they have to come to Earth.

There's plenty of decent reasons here.

Comment

Just wondering then, remembering the events of "New Order"...

How fast was the 'Daniel Jackson' anyways? Vs. how fast was that modified cargo ship? Thanks to nice cutting, it seemed as if they were almost as fast as a Stargate (several hours travel vs a minute, yes, but still < 1 day)
          sigpic

Comment

I'm sure it took several hours for the trip at least. It took the cargo ship, what 10 days?

Comment

Originally posted by catscan
              Maybe it's something like Ida - Milky Way ---- Pegasus. The Asgard COULD make the trip, but then they have things like the Replicators to keep them busy, which is the best possible answer, and they only came up with the technology to make the travel between Ida and the Milky way during the whole replicator thing. It's totally possible that the Ancients went to them, like they have to come to Earth.

There's plenty of decent reasons here.
              Umm... Replicators are beat due to the new weapon created by O'neill.
              Thats why I said the Asgard owe O'neill alot.
              And I'm pretty sure the Asgard had the fast hyperdrive technology long before the war with the Replicators or how else were they be able to instill fear into the Gou'ld for so long.
              *Peter turns on the energy based iris while Atlantis is very low on power*
              McKay - "Using power, using power, using power..."

Comment

Working...
              X