This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

John O'Neill???

At first I was going to post about how I thought I misread the card that Jack sent with the booze. I thought I had either misread it or that TPTB wanted to expand the character of O'Neill some. Now I see from the omnipedia that is name is Jonathan O'Neill. Did the whole history of the show get rewritten without me? Shouldn't they send a meno about this? This is the first time for me to know this and I own the movie, all the DVDs, and I watch the show whenever I can. There can be only one answer: I am right and everyone else has always been wrong. So from now one his offical name is Jack O'Neill. Not John or Jake or anything else. Got it?
    "I've been called ugly, pug-ugly, fugly, pug-fugly, but never ugly-ugly." --- Moe Szyslak

What...
    *Peter turns on the energy based iris while Atlantis is very low on power*
    McKay - "Using power, using power, using power..."

Comment

Jack is short for Jonathan
      Rocky

Comment

I thought John was short for Jonathan...
        Jack is short for... Jackington
        lol

Comment

According to the RDAnderson.com, his character name is Jonathan "Jack" O'Neill
          Red counter: 14 Dings and growing.

Green (positive) JELLO donations are always welcome

Mckay: Oh my god, He IS Kirk...

Comment

Okie Dokie

Comment

yeah Jack for some strange reason is a nickname for John / Jonathan

Comment

Just like Bob is short for Robert.
                Language is so weird

Comment

ya, I knew that Jack could be used for John. I didn't know that his name was John.
                  "I've been called ugly, pug-ugly, fugly, pug-fugly, but never ugly-ugly." --- Moe Szyslak

Comment

Jack's real name is John (Not Jonathan, there are many people that will tell those are two different names) it was in his file in Entity and on his ID card in Fragile Balance...

Comment

Originally posted by EYU86
                      I thought John was short for Jonathan...
                      Jack is short for... Jackington lol
                      Yeah, I don't know how these nicknames come about. Had an Uncle John
                      who was always called "Jack," just like Jack Kennedy, former president.

Another weird one from the "old days" was "Peggy" as a nickname for
                      "Margaret" --- and "Dot" for "Dorothy.

Me? They simply called me Spaz. LOL

If by "fond" you mean droolworthy, hummable, coma-causing, breath-stealing, lustful, libidinous
                      appreciation of the First Hussy Magnitude for Jack & his splendid, dirty, sweaty, sun-kissed, lithe-fingered,
                      full-bottom-lipped, lickable-eared, agile-tongued, long-necked, silver-haired, gracefully moving body
                      in all its fantasmagorical glory, then--- yes. I am also "fond." -- OzGirl

Comment

Margaret > Maggie > Meg > Peggy.

Most likely there have just been some mistakes in the effects department, with some people assuming that Jack is a nickname for John instead of Jonathon. It's not the first time this has happened. If I remember correctly, there's a shot in the movie of a certificate in Jack's son's room, and the name on it is Taylor O'Neal (with that spelling). The person who wrote "Cold Lazarus" was probably given a script of the movie and therefore didn't know that the son had a name, and thus named him Charlie.

*shrugs* It happens.
                        Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
                        Last update: 14 April 2006
                        Melyanna's Multimedia
                        Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Speaking of which, someone on the Trekbbs board said that the champagne bottle was goofed and said "Col" instead of "Gen" Jack O'Neill. True?
                          sigpic

Comment

I don't think it had either title - just Bon Voyage and his name.
                            sigpic

Comment

Jack O'Niell
                              -Bon Voyage

thats all that it said.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
                              [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Working...
                              X