This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spoiler for Season 10, More Ships.

i was reading season 10 spoilers and they said something about 'Earth's growing armada should continue to play a significant role'. I love space battles do you think that in Season 9 Earth will have built several new battleships and which episode any ideas? Or do you think when season 10 starts they will have numerous ships so therefore they built them between season 9 and season 10.

two more questions

which episode will Richard Dean Anderson show in i know he was shown at the end of one episode any more before the end of season 9?

does anyone else find it funny that they said that season 9 will be their last season but yet there making another season i find that good and funny

many thanks

No more RDA in Season Nine.

Nobody said S9 would be the last. Now, they've been saying that about every season since Five, but with the cast and story changes this year the producers and network have been talking about SG-1 as in many ways a brand new show that could go on for several more years.
    GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
    The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
    Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Well we will have 3 by the end of S9, and we may have more by the start of S10, including something from Atlantis' penultimate episode that may effect the way things in Atlantis and SG1 pan out in the next year. We may get more Earth Cruisers soon, but I cant see us getting very many for the time being.
      Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
      - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

tbh im kinda disappointed, this show is turning into Star Trek
        well, thats a bad example, but you know what i mean, this was never a show about Earth having big space ships
        - Simon

"Life. Its far more important than what you do for a living" - RDA

"It's crazy cool!" - AT

My Site: www.Glass-Prison.com

(Update: GABIT AT2 Convention report uploaded)

Comment

personally i dont see the rate of ships being built increasing very much as long as they keep going about it in such an inefficient way. the major resources for building them must be harvested off world which must be mined and brought back through the gate. with such a slow and limited supply they should byuild a series of smaller transport ships to travel and gather resources and bring them back by ship instead of just devoting all their resources to massive ships that are probalby plagued by shut downs in building while they wait for materiels.

Comment

I don't see the show's feel changeing that much. Many people are exaggerateing the influence a couple ships will have. The show will never be about Earth haveing a big fleet. Compared to most ship possesing cultures, our fleet is pathetic. Three ships? Hah, thats nothing. We'll be luck to have a dozen ships in the next three years, and I can guarentee that by the time we build a decent number of ships several will be destroyed by the Ori fleet.

<-- EDIT -->

P.S. spg 1983, your avatar is awesome. I love M*A*S*H, and Alan Alda is a great actor.

Comment

Originally posted by spg_1983
              personally i dont see the rate of ships being built increasing very much as long as they keep going about it in such an inefficient way. the major resources for building them must be harvested off world which must be mined and brought back through the gate. with such a slow and limited supply they should byuild a series of smaller transport ships to travel and gather resources and bring them back by ship instead of just devoting all their resources to massive ships that are probalby plagued by shut downs in building while they wait for materiels.
              I think that they should build them offworld
              gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
              so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
              love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Anubis
                i was reading season 10 spoilers and they said something about 'Earth's growing armada should continue to play a significant role'. I love space battles do you think that in Season 9 Earth will have built several new battleships and which episode any ideas? Or do you think when season 10 starts they will have numerous ships so therefore they built them between season 9 and season 10.

two more questions

which episode will Richard Dean Anderson show in i know he was shown at the end of one episode any more before the end of season 9?

does anyone else find it funny that they said that season 9 will be their last season but yet there making another season i find that good and funny

many thanks
                i think we will get approxemately four next season, 3 for earth and 1 for atlantis.....
                question 2: no RDA ever, hes gone get over it, the closest anyone will ever get to oniel back is mini oniel.
                SG1 and SGA will go on as long as there is enough support for it to continue, be it S11, or season 27.
                sigpic
                You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                Stargate : Genesis |
                Original Starship DesignThread
                Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep
                  i think we will get approxemately four next season, 3 for earth and 1 for atlantis.....
                  question 2: no RDA ever, hes gone get over it, the closest anyone will ever get to oniel back is mini oniel.
                  SG1 and SGA will go on as long as there is enough support for it to continue, be it S11, or season 27.

Thats alittle harsh... But it needed to be said. There are rumours of a quick guest appearance in ep 200. But I'm skeptical. Don't want to get my hopes up!

I agree, on the number of ships that is. Perhaps
                  Spoiler:
                  the ship found in Inferno will survive, but with severely damaged systems or something.
                  Otherwise I don't see a fourth ship that would go to Atlantis.

Comment

They will get an anchant ship cool
                    Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

well i think they will get an asgard full time ship their, studying the aformention aurora class ship and atlantis... that what i ment by 1 in atlantis, under the juristicton of wier.
                      sigpic
                      You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                      Stargate : Genesis |
                      Original Starship DesignThread
                      Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                      11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
                        I think that they should build them offworld
                        i dont think that would be practical right now because of the sheer amount of infrastructure needed to build the ships. as long as they are dependent on the gate it is a major bottleneck. all personell would have to be transfered through the SGC plus all the equiptment and supplies. the most important raw material, the trinium and naquada, come from off world but everything else is terran in origination. plus an off world shipyard wouldnt just be a shipyard. it would have to encompass the entire production of the parts from start to finish. refineries for the trinium and naquada, production facilities for making the parts. control facilities, housing, suppport for housing, etc. just setting everything up would take several years at the least. now if the built a fleet of smaller transport and cargo ships that would be more believable of an option, although it would still take a long time to set it up. however as long as they only have battleships it is impropable.

Comment

Atlantis getting a full-time Asgard ship, I can sort of believe that, but under Weir's supervision, I doubt it, the Asgard would never give one of their ships to anyone else, especially not the people of Atlantis. An Asgard would have to be in command of the ship, and would report back to Orilla everytime something new was learned.

Comment

I have no problem with more ships in season 10. To me, the space battles have always been well done on SG-1. And I don't think tptb will go too overboard with the space stuff. The Stargate will still be what the show is mainly about. I just think this is a natural progression from where we started out in season 4's "Tangent" and season 6's "Prometheus".
                            sigpic
                            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                            "...phu...ah..."
                            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

remember lost city was posed to be a movie and the end of stargate

Comment

Working...
                              X