This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atlantis Marathon RIP OFF

After watching all off season one on DVD, the wife and I were hoping that series two of Atlantis would run as a marathon before the break ended so we could get caught up in real time.

Well fortunately our prayers were answered, except the executives, in their ultimate wisdom, decided to leave out the first episode since it was a conclusion to a show that would not be aired (from the previous season).

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2005/1...yschedul.shtml

SO WHAT???

What about all those who are coming into season two from the recently released DVD set of series one? Would it kill them to show the whole series in order? No!

Omitting the first episode because it is the conclusion of the previous season is faulty logic. Imagine if we did that on the DVD’s? “Oh you don’t need that episode, it’s a conclusion to the previous seasosns DVD sets cliff hanger, and since were not going to include the previous seasons cliff hanger in the DVD set, why should you need the first episode?”

Well Sc-Fi, I’m not watching any of it anymore.

Take a deep breath, calm down, watch the marathon. It'll be ok.

Comment

No, see, they include the cliffhanger conclusion on DVDs since whoever buys them would've probably bought the previous DVD.

Not all people are going to have Season 1 DVDs when the marathon aires.

Makes perfect sense to me. Would you feel satisfied to see the conclusion if you didn't know how it started?

Comment

For the record, the reason for SCI FI excluding 201 from the marathon is educated speculation on our part.
        GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
        The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
        Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Originally posted by Darren
          For the record, the reason for SCI FI excluding 201 from the marathon is educated speculation on our part.
          Sci-fi does some rather odd stuff more often than not. This is probably just another example of "more often."

Comment

thank god for DVR technology...that way I can just save it for later.
            All posts are IMO, I am not a rocket scientist.

Bender: "Lets go get drunk!"
            Pay it forward

Comment

Working...
            X