• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SCI FI To Air Night Stalker

From SciFi Wire:

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire2005/i...ory=0&id=33642

SCI FI To Air Night Stalker

SCI FI Channel will air repeats of ABC's canceled supernatural drama Night Stalker—including three never-before-seen episodes—starting next summer, the network announced. SCI FI acquired all 10 produced episodes of the Touchstone Television series, which starred Stuart Townsend as journalist Carl Kolchak.
    sigpic

Nightstalker was boring. I stopped watching after episode 2. Stuart Townsend was nice to look at but it just wasn't enough. It's sad that it was the last of the scifi series to air and the first to go.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Originally posted by MarshAngel
      It's sad that it was the last of the scifi series to air and the first to go.
      Yeah, I can't believe it got cancelled that quick. Must have been pretty bad.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
        Well they had the same problem all the scifi series are having this season, getting the audience to care about the characters. Their problem was more amplified because unlike some others there just isn't anything to immediately attract you and say hmm I'll wait for them to develop the character because their jobs/ lives/faces seem interesting. You immediately just start making connections to other series like X-files and Lois & Clarke.

The concept = The X Files
        Kolchack's back story- sounds like an episode of Supernatural
        Stuart Townsend/Kolchack = Duchovny/Mulder
        Gabrielle Reese = Lois Lane/Scully
        Editor = Perry/Skinner

besides, Gabby Reese's wardrobe, while lovely to have in one's closet (I wanted it in mine), wasn't exactly office attire.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

It was pretty good. The big problem was that it was totally different than the original series. But, everybody was expecting it to be the same. So, a lot of people who would have liked it never tuned in, and a lot of people who were looking forward to it did not like it.

Comment

Originally posted by Liam Kincaid
            It was pretty good. The big problem was that it was totally different than the original series. But, everybody was expecting it to be the same. So, a lot of people who would have liked it never tuned in, and a lot of people who were looking forward to it did not like it.
            Yeah, I expected it to be like the original. I stopped watching it after 4 episodes. I just didn't care for his background story about his wife. Too much of an X-Files feel to the show.
            "What is it with you and ascended women?!"

Proud member of the C.O.T.W.O.S.F.
            The Coalition Of Those Who Oppose Sci Fi (channel)

Comment

The last epidode that was aired was the first of a two-parter. The second half was never aired. The teaser at the end of the first half made it look like a lot of secrets would be revealed in the next half, and that that FBI agent harassing Kolchak may have had something to do with whatever creatures killed Kolchak's wife. That episode was never aired. Was it ever produced? Is there anyway of ever knowing what was supposed to happen? I was so excited when I saw that Sci-Fi was going to be airing the series, because I naively thought , at first, that this meant I would finally see how it all turned out. But that's not going to happen, is it? Was it cancelled because the storyline was about to make the FBI and the government look bad, or because the writers just wrote themselves into a corner? Or was it just because of the bad ratings? I hate it when a Sci-Fi series that has all these secrets that will be revealed later gets cancelled before the secrets are revealed. That is what happened with Odyssey 5 . I wish that there was some way to know how these shows were supposed to end. It sort of happened with Dark Angel too, but I hear that there are novels which complete that story. I haven't read them yet, but I wish that there was the same thing for Odyssey 5 and Night Stalker. I liked Night Stalker ( once I got over my original dissapointment that it was not very much like the original ). and I am kind of glad that it is being shown again, by why rerun a 10 episode series whose last episode is a cliff-hanger part one of a two part shocker. They at least owe us a made for Sci_Fi movie that ties up the loose ends, if they are not going to continue the series. We deserve to know what it all means.

Comment

They at least owe us a made for Sci_Fi movie that ties up the loose ends, if they are not going to continue the series. We deserve to know what it all means.
                Unfortunately, a lot of shows that have been cancelled have left people hanging. Just the sad truth of tv.
                sigpic
                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Unfortunately, a lot of shows that have been cancelled have left people hanging. Just the sad truth of tv.

But if the writers and producers had a plan to begin with, then how come they can't let us know once the show is cancelled. Why still keep the secret? What can it hurt?

Comment

But if the writers and producers had a plan to begin with, then how come they can't let us know once the show is cancelled. Why still keep the secret? What can it hurt?
                    I know what you mean. I don't know what goes through their heads. Maybe some just don't care enough to.
                    sigpic
                    "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I know what you mean. I don't know what goes through their heads. Maybe some just don't care enough to.

Can't some Fanzine pay them for an interview or something? I know this is a Kolchak thread, but I would really love for someone to do that with Odyssey 5. Night Stalker too, but definately with Odyssey 5. Night Stalker must have had the story finished for at least part two of the cliffhanger, but I understand that the Odyssey 5 writers had the whole arc roughed out. Was the Earth saved, or was it destroyed again? Who did it? And was the Seeker trying to stop it, or behind it? And, back to the subject of this thread, who killed Kolchak's wife, Kolchak, monsters, aliens, or the FBI? Somebody bribe some writers to let us know. I suppose there must be some fan fic out there that answers these questions, but that just is not the same. We need to know how it was supposed to be.

Comment

Working...
                      X