This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atlantis is flawed

You know whats sad, as advanced as the Ancients were, Atlantis is low on power, and theres nothing to do about it yet, because the city depends on ZPM's. You figure a city that size, the Ancients would have built it with its own power generator, or can make it depend on solar power.
    *Peter turns on the energy based iris while Atlantis is very low on power*
    McKay - "Using power, using power, using power..."

The ZPMs are probably the most advanced power system the Ancients invented. It makes sense theat they would use them to power Atlantis.
    Rocky

Comment

They should have backups, but whatever, the whole thing is flawed, but still nice.
      It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

The show is still early though maybe there is some solar panels on that thing!

Why did it surface on it's own if it was to stay hidden and was already taking on water why not just take on water completely?

Comment

But the ZPM's are pretty much out of power...
          So, the Ancients never thought of a backup power, or at least a way to recharge the ZPM's. It could have a way to replicate the ZPM's like the way the Asgard can replicate stuff. The city is suppose to be self-supporting since its built for travel.

Comment

I agree. FOr an amzing city, zero-point modules are most definitely the way to go. Zero-point energy is essentially cheap and free and almost indefinite in supply. They could last for millions of years! WHy would they need back-ups. WOOPS....

Comment

The city is suppose to be self-supporting since its built for travel.
              hence a possible advanced type of solar recharging (possibility) it would be a perfect source of energy considering any world inhabited by humans needs a sun.

The power only became low enough when they arrived who knows it could have resurfaced many times before to recharge, but that would be to easy I guess.

Comment

You might be right. It did resurface automatically, maybe to recharge. It may have done that dozens of times before it was rediscovered.

Comment

Wait a second, in the second Alternate Universe episode (which I believe was called "Window of Opportunity," didn't the Carters figure out how to recharge the ZPM that Colonel/General O'Neill built in "The Fifth Race." So why can't the Atlantis team recharge the ZPMs in Atlantis and the SCG recharge the ZPM from Paklarooshtayonas (sp?)? If they did that, gating between the galaxies would be no problem.
                  Rocky

Comment

It seems viable to use solar regeneration but then again the ancients flew to the Pegasus Galaxy on full power so what keeps the Atlantis team from flying back home (besides total lack ancient knowledge)

Comment

Umm... Rocket, what are you babbling about.
                      The "ZPM" O'neill built in The Fifth Race was just a temporary power source, meant for one use only and I think it depended on the liquid naquadah from a staff weapon or something.

Oh, and Window of Opportunity was about a time loop and was one of my all time fav. episodes.

Comment

I'm sure we'll learn much more as we go along. The only thing in the whole episode that felt really forced to me was McKay's sudden announcement about the power outage. What was up with the timing? He just comes out of nowhere with it.

"La de da, what a pretty hologram, oh! Wait! Power!" Hehehe.
                        "Someone duplicated the duplicators?"

~ Jack; Smoke and Mirrors

*~*~*~*

*~*~*~*

Amelia's Violin - a Jonas/ OC romance. Version 2.0. New, improved, and COMPLETE!!!

A Day in the life of Sparky:

...???... ......!!!.....[ ]..............!!!... .........

The End!!

Comment

Well, he was told in the middle of the conversation by the same guy who wasted more power by turning on the energy iris. See my sig.

Comment

if they have "English" speaking hologram universal translators then they have to have some sort of power regeneration setup..guess we'll have to wait and see.

Comment

I doubt that the power a city the size of Atlantis can get from the sun would even come close to what it can get from a ZPM or even a less sophisticated power generator that relies on fusion.

Comment

Working...
                              X