This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How Can I Replace a Broken SG-1 DVD?

I ordered, and received, my Region 1 SG-1 Season 4 boxed set over a year ago. Only recently did I get around to watching it. Unfortunately, when it came to use the final disc, I found a massive crack in it that renders it completely useless..

Now I bought the set from DVDSoon who not only won't replace faulty purchases over six months old, but are also pretty much dead, so that option is ruled out. I can't see anything clear-cut on MGM's site but I do know that the disc was obviously broken when I received it as it's been sealed up until recently and barely moved anywhere.

Is there any good way of replacing it? To buy the 2 equivalent volumes in Region 2 format would almost be as costly as buying the season!

You could always contact mgm/sony and make enquireys about replacing the disc
    The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

I've heard of so many bad encounters with DVDSoon... *glares*

Hmm, my first thought would be to look for it on ebay. You can usually find single discs for sale, just make sure it's in good condition, and check the shipping cost. Sometimes the discs sell for a dollar, but the shipping turns out to be $40
      Chleximpressed <--- by Kliggins

Comment

Originally posted by Eoin
        You could always contact mgm/sony and make enquireys about replacing the disc
        I highly doubt that after a YEAR they would replace the CD. Chlex's suggestion re: eBay seems more suitable to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Chlex
          I've heard of so many bad encounters with DVDSoon... *glares*
          Currently, they've had my cash for SG-1 Season 8 and SG-A Season 1 for months. The DVDs are "On Hand" but nothing's been shipped. I know they're in severe straits at the moment but I am NOT a happy customer. They say all existing orders will be honored but I won't hold my breath...

Hmm, my first thought would be to look for it on ebay. You can usually find single discs for sale, just make sure it's in good condition, and check the shipping cost. Sometimes the discs sell for a dollar, but the shipping turns out to be $40
          Good call. I'll keep my eyes pealed out there and yeah, I already saw ridiculous shipping costs being quoted. I now also have to wonder whether I can move on and watch S5 SG-1 episodes, skipping over the final four. Of course I've seen the originals years ago, but I do like to keep an order for such things..

Comment

Working...
          X