X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Silly question on Entropic cascade Failure

Okay,

So maybe i'm being dense, but I'm a bit confused. In SG1 "Point of View", Dr Carter was experiencing entropic cascade failure due to them both being in the same space time continuem.

BUT, and this is probably where i've lost the plot. In Atlantis Season 1 "Before I sleep", the 2 Weirs were able to co-exist in the same timeframe, now is it because of the short time they spent with each other? Or is it just me being dense and can't grasp quantum mechanics, lol. I'm betting on the latter.

Thanking you for all your help.

Scully

I thinkits because the two Weirs situation was a result of timetravel within one reality while the two Carter situation was because of travel between alternate realities

but thats just my best guess
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_the_Wraith
      I thinkits because the two Weirs situation was a result of timetravel within one reality while the two Carter situation was because of travel between alternate realities

but thats just my best guess
      that must be true considering when the team travelled back to 1969, the majority of them existed twice and there wasnt a problem
      - Simon

"Life. Its far more important than what you do for a living" - RDA

"It's crazy cool!" - AT

My Site: www.Glass-Prison.com

(Update: GABIT AT2 Convention report uploaded)

Comment

Thanks for that, I wasn't sure if it was because of the quantum mirror or the time frame. I remember Carter saying she thought it would take years before the effects would take place, but then when it started quite quickly, I wondered why Weir didn't suffer the same fate as Dr Carter. Now the whole quantem mirror, AU might make sense, not sure how that works, lol, as I would have thought it would be more disastrous to have two people from the sametime in the same place. Maybe i've just watched too much Back to the future, lol.

Thanks for the help. I definately think I need to read up on theoretical parelle universes, lol.

Scully

Comment

well realy because we know so little about the mirror hazzarding guesses is risky...but the
          Originally Posted by Steve_the_Wraith
          thing is a good guess...
          tokra operative with sg-6 !!!
          yep a tokra on a sg team who wulda thunk??
          Character Name:Tok'ra-ragnor

the mighty sg-6!!!

Comment

Working...
          X