Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was anyone else hoping that the Wraiths were not gonna be so "Gould-esque" SPOILERS

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was anyone else hoping that the Wraiths were not gonna be so "Gould-esque" SPOILERS

I tried to stay away from spoilers as much as possible before the season started so I wasn't quite sure what to expect from the Wraiths, and I gotta say I'm pretty disappointed so far. Instead of totally different adversary from the Gould, they seem like distant cousins (figuratively speaking of course). So Gould use humans as hosts and enslave planets to achieve that end, Wraith use humans as food and enslave planets to achieve that end. I mean c'mon, the only real difference is that Wraiths look like Marilyn Manson back-up dancers.
    Virtue is more to be feared than vice, because its excesses are not subject to the regulation of conscience. -Adam Smith

I didn't think that they were that gou'ald-esque.

She talked to him like a jailor talking to a prisoner, not like a god talking to a worshipper.
    sigpic

Comment

They also have completely different tech, culture, and bio-structure. I mean their genetic makeup is completely different.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
      [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

I hate their voices, its so computer like and gould funny talk.

"We talk oddly, we most be a bad guy." -Wraith

*Comments on "funny talk" coming from someone with a Boston lisp.*
        It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

Yeah, they don't seem arogant for arogant's sake, and they don't play god. They're more Farmers then Slave traders too.

They seem more sinister then the Gou'ald, but less minipulative.

Comment

Originally posted by DownFallAngel
            They also have completely different tech, culture, and bio-structure. I mean their genetic makeup is completely different.
            I agree aesthetically speaking they are different, but the type of threat and the nature of them are quite similar.
            Virtue is more to be feared than vice, because its excesses are not subject to the regulation of conscience. -Adam Smith

Comment

Originally posted by the adventurer
              Yeah, they don't seem arogant for arogant's sake, and they don't play god. They're more Farmers then Slave traders too.

They seem more sinister then the Gou'ald, but less minipulative.
              They seem more lax, too. They just let their 'crop' grow, while they take a nice nap.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Loki
                I agree aesthetically speaking they are different, but the type of threat and the nature of them are quite similar.
                Except the Goa'uld don't really care if a human dies (unless they need you as a host for some reason) and the Wraith would prefer you alive. Not only that, the Wraith don't make speeches about "bowing before your god"

I found it very refreshing when the Wraith took the first person from the cell without saying a word to their prisoners.

Comment

SPOILERS

I think I understand what you're trying to get at, Loki. From what we've seen so far, the Wraith have a very single-minded purpose. Humans = Food, and the Wraith woman wandered around saying a lot of very grandiose kinds of things. You were hoping for something a little less cliché, as Jack would say, yes?

I guess I can agree with you to some extent. Non-complex villians can really become uninteresting very quickly, but keep in mind we've just got our first exposure to them, and even for being cliché I'd say they're pretty creepy.

I still think I hate the Replicators the worst, though.
                  "Someone duplicated the duplicators?"

~ Jack; Smoke and Mirrors

*~*~*~*

*~*~*~*

Amelia's Violin - a Jonas/ OC romance. Version 2.0. New, improved, and COMPLETE!!!

A Day in the life of Sparky:

...???... ......!!!.....[ ]..............!!!... .........

The End!!

Comment

I thought they were way too cheesy and melodramatic, even moreso than the Goa'uld. Their stage time was cringeworthy. O'neill would have had something snarky to say about them, heh.

Liked the show anyway.
                    Fitness Buddies

Comment

Too me, they were similar but I think they're a decent enemy. I found their introduction far more gruesome and unnerving than the Goa'uld. With the Goa'uld you had the ancient Earth history to serve as a template of expectations, with the Wraith it's less clear. That woman freaked me out...

Loved the show, and the villains were interesting...need to find out more in the episodes to come!
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X