X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frustration with Sony and the post office

Sorry, I've just gotta get a rant off my chest

I have a S8 box set. On November 18th, I submitted the online registration to get my replacement DVD for disk 5. On the day after Thanksgiving I mailed the proof-of-purchase in. Their rebate tracking system still says "We have received your online submission but we are awaiting your mail in portion to be received." Last week I used their customer service form asking what the hold up is; I have still not received a reply. I am getting impatient!
    My LiveJournal.

If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere.
    -Frank A. Clark

An optimist may see a light where there is none, but why must the pessimist always run to blow it out?
    -Michel de Saint-Pierre

Now, there's this about cynicism. It's the universe's most supine moral position. Real comfortable. If nothing can be done, then you're not some kind of **** for not doing it, and you can lie there and stink to yourself in perfect peace.
    -Lois McMaster Bujold, "The Borders of Infinity"

I think we can all agree that Sony sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15
      I think we can all agree that Sony sucks.
      You and about 25,000 other gaters who got screwed over by sony are in the same leaky boat.

Comment

Originally posted by TechnoWraith
        You and about 25,000 other gaters who got screwed over by sony are in the same leaky boat.
        Oh, yeah. And that's not even considering the whole rootkit idiocy. Gotta tell you, I'm gonna be thinking long and hard before purchasing anything Sony ever again. I can't trust them not to screw me over. A better argument for downloading I've never heard. Not that I'm advocating piracy per se, mind ... but Sony's kind of got it coming. They're their own worst enemy.
        My LiveJournal.

-Frank A. Clark

An optimist may see a light where there is none, but why must the pessimist always run to blow it out?
        -Michel de Saint-Pierre

Now, there's this about cynicism. It's the universe's most supine moral position. Real comfortable. If nothing can be done, then you're not some kind of **** for not doing it, and you can lie there and stink to yourself in perfect peace.

Comment

Originally posted by Beatrice Otter
          Oh, yeah. And that's not even considering the whole rootkit idiocy. Gotta tell you, I'm gonna be thinking long and hard before purchasing anything Sony ever again. I can't trust them not to screw me over. A better argument for downloading I've never heard. Not that I'm advocating piracy per se, mind ... but Sony's kind of got it coming. They're their own worst enemy.
          Sony's poor handling of this season's Stargate releases seriously has me questioning whether it's really worth the hassle to buy the stargate seasons next year. In the end, i'll probably end up getting them anyway. But this year's releases have been such a turn off to fans that i'm afraid Sony's killing the franchise.

Comment

has anyone heard if Sony will be doing a rerelease? For those who haven't yet bought S8?
            All posts are IMO, I am not a rocket scientist.

Bender: "Lets go get drunk!"
            Pay it forward

Comment

Like Beatrice Otter I mailed in about the same time. Sent an e-mail yesterday and got a reply back today that said it takes them about 2 weeks to put the paperwork in the system. Sounds the Army - "hurry up and wait".

For a huge company Sony has really stepped on it this time.
              sigpic
              Vancouver 2010
              Chicago 2010
              Chicago 2011
              Jack's CSM

Comment

Originally posted by skritsys
                has anyone heard if Sony will be doing a rerelease? For those who haven't yet bought S8?
                Last I had heard, they weren't planning on it. People are just supposed to buy the box sets and exchange the disc 5 with Sony.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                  Last I had heard, they weren't planning on it. People are just supposed to buy the box sets and exchange the disc 5 with Sony.
                  The problem is, the rebate to exchange the disc ends at the end of January 2006. People will certainly be buying the season 8 set after that point. It would be wise of Sony to release the correct version of threads on disc 5 on all sets manufactured starting January 1st, as this gives time to let the new set filter into the public, and allow the incorrect set to drop off the grid. But that's wishful thinking.

Comment

Sorry, I've just gotta get a rant off my chest

I have a S8 box set. On November 18th, I submitted the online registration to get my replacement DVD for disk 5. On the day after Thanksgiving I mailed the proof-of-purchase in. Their rebate tracking system still says "We have received your online submission but we are awaiting your mail in portion to be received." Last week I used their customer service form asking what the hold up is; I have still not received a reply. I am getting impatient!

I submitted mine, also and my status had not changed on the website. But I e-mailed them twice. The second time, I got a response (which I will post here, with named edited with an X to protect the people involved):

Dear X,

In regards to the email that you sent to us. Once we do receive your information, it takes about 4 weeks to show up in the system. So you will need to allow about 2 more weeks and then we should be able to give you an update.

Thank you, X
                    This was on December 8. So in theory, my processing will be done around December 22.

Comment

I just figured it'll happen whenever. If i did something wrong in submitting the rebate, oh well. Although i will be pleasantly surprised to receive a corrected Threads Disc 3 or 4 months from now. by then i'll probably be like, "What the heck is this for?"

Comment

Originally posted by Lenonn
                        I submitted mine, also and my status had not changed on the website. But I e-mailed them twice. The second time, I got a response (which I will post here, with named edited with an X to protect the people involved):

This was on December 8. So in theory, my processing will be done around December 22.
                        Yeah. I just got an e-mail reply.

" Thank you for your e-mail and I apologize for the delayed response. To date, we do have your web submission. However, your mail-in portion has not been enetered into the system. It can take anywhere from 4-6 weeks for the mail in portion to be updated into our system. Please allow another week or two, e-mail me back and we can recheck it again at that time. Should you have any further questions, please feel free to let me know."

4-6 weeks? Why in the world would it take that long? They already got all the pertinent info on the online registration, it has a printout from that signed and attached to the proof-of-purchase. All they have to do is bring up the online submission with the tracking number, and check off that a) it's been signed, b) the proof-of-purchase is attached, and c) send it on to the guys in shipping. Thazzit. There's no other piece of information on the mailed-in part that isn't on the online-submission, so there's nothing more they could possibly need to do with it.

4-6 weeks? Either they're swamped and need to hire more people, or their system is incredibly inefficient, or both.

The e-mail is from their 'customer care' department, not a 'customer service' department. While I have to agree that this isn't 'service' (or at least not good service), I'd argue that it isn't care, either .
                        My LiveJournal.

-Frank A. Clark

-Michel de Saint-Pierre

Comment

Yeah. I just got an e-mail reply.

" Thank you for your e-mail and I apologize for the delayed response. To date, we do have your web submission. However, your mail-in portion has not been enetered into the system. It can take anywhere from 4-6 weeks for the mail in portion to be updated into our system. Please allow another week or two, e-mail me back and we can recheck it again at that time. Should you have any further questions, please feel free to let me know."

4-6 weeks? Why in the world would it take that long? They already got all the pertinent info on the online registration, it has a printout from that signed and attached to the proof-of-purchase. All they have to do is bring up the online submission with the tracking number, and check off that a) it's been signed, b) the proof-of-purchase is attached, and c) send it on to the guys in shipping. Thazzit. There's no other piece of information on the mailed-in part that isn't on the online-submission, so there's nothing more they could possibly need to do with it.

4-6 weeks? Either they're swamped and need to hire more people, or their system is incredibly inefficient, or both.

The e-mail is from their 'customer care' department, not a 'customer service' department. While I have to agree that this isn't 'service' (or at least not good service), I'd argue that it isn't care, either .
                          Although I appreciate your impatience (as I am in the same boat, waiting for my replacement disc as well) you have to realize that this is an extremely low priority for Sony. And it's costing them money, something any company is not quick to part with. And yours isn't the only submission they received.

Remember, they didn't have to offer a replacement at all. TechnoWraith has the best outlook here: "I just figured it'll happen whenever."

Comment

Well I know I can't wait for that fateful day, months from now, when I open my mailbox to find my "Threads" disc. It will seem like a gift from the Gods.
                            sigpic
                            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                            "...phu...ah..."
                            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                              Well I know I can't wait for that fateful day, months from now, when I open my mailbox to find my "Threads" disc. It will seem like a gift from the Gods.
                              Yes, much rejoicing will be held in the land on that day. I might even sacrifice a bottle of tequila.

Comment

Working...
                              X