PDA

View Full Version : Puddle Jumper Question SPOILERS

Calicto
July 16th, 2004, 07:46 PM
spoilers.
So, does the Puddle Jumper just respond to Sheppard's thoughts (because he has the gene) or anyone whose driving's thoughts?

Mio
July 16th, 2004, 07:47 PM
Most likely the gene.

DownFallAngel
July 16th, 2004, 07:50 PM
its all in the genes!!

Sheppard: What I really could go for is a turkey sandwich....(looks around)
Ford: It was worth a try..

EYU86
July 16th, 2004, 07:51 PM
Anyone can probably fly the Puddle-Jumper since it has control sticks, but the scanner activating and revealing the tracking device was definitely by thought control.

aAnubiSs
July 17th, 2004, 05:56 AM
Too bad it only showed puddle jumpers in the hangar. I wanted different ships.

puddlejumper747
July 17th, 2004, 06:22 AM
Those puddle jumpers were awesome!!! How much better can you get?

Dogma00
July 17th, 2004, 06:31 AM
Those puddle jumpers were awesome!!! How much better can you get?

A turkey sandwich, hold the mayo, on wheat. LOL :D

DownFallAngel
July 17th, 2004, 06:42 AM
Lettuce and tomatoe is expected of course. A nice cola on the side. lol.

I find the puddle jumpers to be to square.

TheWarrior
July 17th, 2004, 06:47 AM
I hope there are small fighters in the hanger, then the puddle jumper can be the cargo ship like vessell but with weapons and the fighters can help keep the Wraith fighters at bay.

I wonder if Sheperd will try and put a food dispenser in the puddle jumper so when he says I could go for a Turkey sandwich one will come out of the machine :D

DownFallAngel
July 17th, 2004, 06:48 AM
Maybe along the lines they will make a new class?

Dogma00
July 17th, 2004, 06:55 AM
I hope there are small fighters in the hanger, then the puddle jumper can be the cargo ship like vessell but with weapons and the fighters can help keep the Wraith fighters at bay.

I wonder if Sheperd will try and put a food dispenser in the puddle jumper so when he says I could go for a Turkey sandwich one will come out of the machine :D

I thought the puddle jumper did a pretty good job as a troop transport and still had the firepower/stealth balanced out.

The next thing Sheperd will want is a M60E4/Mark 48 (Para) weapons rack. So he can be Mr. "I can shoot every wraith I see". Although maybe a cup holder, so when DownFallAngel get the drink machine put in, Sheperd doesn't spill his drink. :D

DownFallAngel
July 17th, 2004, 06:59 AM
As McKay stated in the lowdow, thats what the DHD is for. Its keeps everything really hot, like coffee, for hours.

TheWarrior
July 17th, 2004, 06:59 AM
As you said the Puddle Jumper did a good job in the end - still be nice to see another type of space craft to combact the Wraith fighters in close quarter battles.

Rusk
July 17th, 2004, 09:01 AM

It's quite possible there is more than one hangar. That hangar was right above the gate room, thus it was probably a puddlejumper hangar. I would think there are other ships somewhere. Maybe fighters that were made to defend the city itself and not fly through the Stargate.

aAnubiSs
July 17th, 2004, 09:02 AM
It's quite possible there is more than one hangar. That hangar was right above the gate room, thus it was probably a puddlejumper hangar. I would think there are other ships somewhere. Maybe fighters that were made to defend the city itself and not fly through the Stargate.

That's what I hope :)

Chevron 1
July 17th, 2004, 09:03 AM
In my POV, Atlantis is a big city. I wouldn't be surprised of we see more ships that can be used, not that the Puddle Jumper is any less cool.

Besides, that Puddle Jumper can stop on a dime!

tfalls1
July 17th, 2004, 09:19 AM
anyone else a little dissapointed on the way the Jumper gets to the gate... i would have thought the Ancients would be masters of "beaming" and the ships would just be beamed to the gate room... any hint that the ships even have beaming or ring technology... wasn't there something said in Lost City about the outpost having rings? and i also agree that logically there would be other ships with intra-planet and even intra-galactic capabilities. As Thor said in New Order the technology of the ancients had been studied for eons by the Asgard and they had not figured it out yet... so far Atlantis has not really revealed too much that the Asgard don't have already. I hope there's surprises to come....

aAnubiSs
July 17th, 2004, 09:34 AM
I think there's nothing wrong with the way the puddle jumper gets to the gate.

Mio
July 17th, 2004, 09:35 AM
There is nothing wrong with it. I was just surprised that the door was mechanical. I was expecting it to be a force field with a hologram.

Edit: 800th post. Ha!

aAnubiSs
July 17th, 2004, 09:37 AM
weren't you at like 250 a few days ago? Then again, so was I :D

the adventurer
July 17th, 2004, 09:49 AM
Puddlejumpers are pretty boss, if not very artisticly pleasing (Flying Cylinders do not a good ship design make).

I want to see a good Dog fight with the Darts above the city by season end.

*flashes back to the Web World War episode of the Reboot Season 2 finaly, and how awesome that was*

*drools*

Mio
July 17th, 2004, 09:53 AM
Reboot? ::scratches head, confused:: What's Reboot?

Anyway...

I'm hoping they get the shields back up before such a fight happens....We want the city in one piece....not 10.

EYU86
July 17th, 2004, 09:55 AM
Reboot is a cartoon about computers and the internet just before the internets popularity took off.

the adventurer
July 17th, 2004, 10:14 AM
Reboot is a cartoon about computers and the internet just before the internets popularity took off.

It was also the best damn cartoon ever made! :cool: A very Epic story over the course of 4 seasons (and almost 10 years, heh).

I recomend DVDs but only Seasons 3 and 4 are out, Season 1 and 2 are tied up in Legal hell for distribution rights, and that means I can't show you the beauty of the Web World War episode.

keels
July 17th, 2004, 10:48 AM
they need to send some of the those back to earth...once the can find a way to get a wormhole connection back to earth. imagine thoes fighting the gua'ld. have a cuple in the X-303 also

Dogma00
July 17th, 2004, 11:26 AM
anyone else a little dissapointed on the way the Jumper gets to the gate... i would have thought the Ancients would be masters of "beaming" and the ships would just be beamed to the gate room... any hint that the ships even have beaming or ring technology... wasn't there something said in Lost City about the outpost having rings? and i also agree that logically there would be other ships with intra-planet and even intra-galactic capabilities. As Thor said in New Order the technology of the ancients had been studied for eons by the Asgard and they had not figured it out yet... so far Atlantis has not really revealed too much that the Asgard don't have already. I hope there's surprises to come....

I found the way the Puddlejumpers gets to the gate simplistic in design. Parking garage above, easy exit below.

I didn't see any rings. Just a straight forward troop transport. As for the Asgard, I think you need to look at the whole picture of why humans can use the Ancient's tech. It's in the genes, I guess that would leave the Asgard out of the loop in somethings. IMO

Anthro Girl
July 17th, 2004, 11:27 AM
spoilers.
So, does the Puddle Jumper just respond to Sheppard's thoughts (because he has the gene) or anyone whose driving's thoughts?
I'm guessing it's the gene thing. On the Wraith planet, Ford noted that he (Sheppard) is the only one who could fly them out of there.

I'm hoping they can reprogram the Ancient system to learn what a turkey sammich is. :D

DownFallAngel
July 17th, 2004, 11:31 AM
At this point we don't know if it has a food replicator, so it wouldn't matter if it knew what a turkey sandwich was anyway. Also, we would have to break down each part of the sandwich into its chemicals to do so.

Bread
Vegetables(Lettuce & Tomatoe)
Turkey (Smoked, Original, Glazed, etc.)
Bread (Wheat, White, 7 Grain, etc.)
Plate(Paper, Styrofoam, Glass, etc.)

then all of that would have to be in their chemcial stages of Carbon, Hydrogen and so on, and arranged in a way that it wouldn't come out as one massive turkey ball with a vegetable and bread crust.

Mio
July 17th, 2004, 11:34 AM
At this point we don't know if it has a food replicator, so it wouldn't matter if it knew what a turkey sandwich was anyway. Also, we would have to break down each part of the sandwich into its chemicals to do so.

Bread

then all of that would have to be in their chemcial stages of Carbon, Hydrogen and so on, and arranged in a way that it wouldn't come out as one massive turkey ball with a vegetable and bread crust.\

But if he was thinking about a turkey sandwich, the computer would have had access to WHAT a turkey sandwich: looks like, tastes like, etc.

DownFallAngel
July 17th, 2004, 11:38 AM
It would be like the matrix all over again....

Anthro Girl
July 17th, 2004, 11:56 AM

Bread

then all of that would have to be in their chemcial stages of Carbon, Hydrogen and so on, and arranged in a way that it wouldn't come out as one massive turkey ball with a vegetable and bread crust.
Oh screw that. They brought Luke along, right? ;)

the adventurer
July 17th, 2004, 12:00 PM
Who is this LUKE person everyone keeps referencing when ever food is brought up on Stargate?

edit: typos

Janus
July 17th, 2004, 12:04 PM
What is this LUKE person every keeps referencing when ever food is brought up on Stargate?

You don't know who Luke is !!!!!
Okay, that's it.
Where's my Intar, never mind, I've found it.

*Sets Intar to maximum and shoots Adventurer three times.*

Mio
July 17th, 2004, 12:07 PM
Luke is the guy who didn't like Mckay....

...like that helps.

uknesvuinng
July 17th, 2004, 12:20 PM
Who is this LUKE person everyone keeps referencing when ever food is brought up on Stargate?
Luke AKA Food Server #2 was a nameless (in the series) cook who had a lemon chicken run-in with McKay in S5's 48hours. ShadowMaat's written some brilliant diary fanfic's for the character that lets us in on the truth of many events in the SGC.

Ancient
July 17th, 2004, 12:22 PM
yea that doesnt really help. . so for all of those that arent as all knowing about the finer aspects of the show could you once and for all say clearly who luke is. . .thank you

I was also diaspointed with the over head bay althought it is ingeniously simple I mean come on no extra energy waste beamin stuff everywhere, not like the a zpm's couldnt take it when fully charged.

Anthro Girl
July 17th, 2004, 12:38 PM
yea that doesnt really help. . so for all of those that arent as all knowing about the finer aspects of the show could you once and for all say clearly who luke is. . .thank you
It's kind of a fandom thing. See this other thread (http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=879).

Now, back to our regularly scheduled ON TOPIC discussion... <hangs head in shame for being a detractor>

I also don't see anything wrong with how the puddle jumper gets to the gate. That was some great FX. I did think "but what if a ship comes flying through at high speed?" but they answered that question. ;)

Ancient
July 17th, 2004, 12:51 PM
ahhhh thanx now i understand

VirtualCLD
July 17th, 2004, 01:07 PM
Puddlejumpers are pretty boss, if not very artisticly pleasing (Flying Cylinders do not a good ship design make).

I want to see a good Dog fight with the Darts above the city by season end.

*flashes back to the Web World War episode of the Reboot Season 2 finaly, and how awesome that was*

*drools*
Woah!!! They have DVDs for that series. I SO miss that show!!!! I hope seasons 1 and 2 come out. ::cough cough:: right, the thread topic at hand. I think the way the puddle jumper enters the room is OK, a little tight for space, but good. I would like to know if there are other ships, but the Ancients don't seem like warriors so it is very possible there are no fighter ships. They may have relied on their uber-tech to protect them (like the hollo said). It seems like they were more defensive than tactically offensive.

EDIT:
Also, I think they should have given the puddlejumper names like the Yukon, the Rio Grande......