This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Writer seeks beta

It is with a rather heavy heart that I find myself advertising for a new beta reader. My beta of some four years standing has left me to meet committments to her work and family - can't fault her, really - and so I am looking for someone to take over.

The thing of it is that I have built up a body of almost eighty fics with their own internal continuity. What I really need is a beta reader who:
    1. is reasonably familiar with the Stargate canon and with my previous work (see the link in my signature);
    2. is willing to read fics which deviate some distance from canon;
    3. can work in UK English but spot inappropriate Anglicisms in dialogue with reasonable accuracy;
    4. has a good eye for typographical errors.
    I write mostly action/adventure fics, with elements of drama and romance, although I do not adhere to any intrateam ship. I try to hold to canon up to about Season 6, but after that I play it more fast and loose.

In addition to straight SG-1 fic, I write various spin-off series which go even further from canon. Ideally, I am looking for a single beta reader to take on all of my work (I produce probably one fic every month or so), but if someone wanted to work on just the straight SG-1 or just the SG-7 stuff, I can split the work between several readers.

Most importantly, as I intend to keep writing for some time to come, I need a beta I can work with long term and develop a writing relationship with.

If you think you can help, drop me a PM and we can discuss the details.
    Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
    - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.
Working...
X