This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargates

Spoiler space.....................................
    .............not really............
    '
    '
    '
    '
    '
    '
    '
    '
    '
    '
    '
    ''
    '
    '
    '
    '
    '
    So who really designed the stargate. Did the ancients first design it and then the wraith startted to use the gates OR are stargates just like trains and airplanes. THey work, people build and use them....

Any thoughts? My money is on the ancients. The wraith are just more powerfull goauld.

The Ancients invented the Stargates and planted them around the galaxy. Other races just started to use them.

EDIT: By the way, I think the only time I've seen another race "create" a Stargate was the Tollan.
    Thor: The Asgard would never invent a weapon that propels small weights of iron and carbon alloys, by igniting a powder of potassium nitrate, charcoal and sulphur.

Comment

The ancients built the stargates, the blue ones.

The wraith began to take over the pegasus galaxy.

The ancients fled to earth, after a deadly virus was released killing them off. They also planeted many gates in our own universe, the Milky Way,

The lost city returned to atlantis, and submerged itself.

The wraith did not know of the milky way, and the rest of the un-infected ancients resised on earth, and lived out their lives.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
      [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

didn't the holo ancient say that they planted 1000 stargates?
        sigpic

Comment

I heard THOUSANDS, not thousand.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
            didn't the holo ancient say that they planted 1000 stargates?
            No, 1000 colonies. Since they can travel by ships perhaps they did not all have stargates in attempt to protect some from enemies? Anyway, its still probably a close number.... I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Avalar
              The Ancients invented the Stargates and planted them around the galaxy. Other races just started to use them.

EDIT: By the way, I think the only time I've seen another race "create" a Stargate was the Tollan.
              I think you're correct. The only other time I remember off hand of a non-original stargate was when the ascended being built one in Sam's basement... but he was probably an ancient.

Comment

He was an ancient. lol

Comment

Working...
                X