This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The other (Possible spoilers)

THere were three people who started Gallifry. Rasolon(Sp), Omega, and the Other. There were many threory of who the mysterous other. What do you think he is.
    Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

THE BAD WOLF hehehe, this is probably going to be one of the ol' Furlings/9th Chevron questions that will never be answered and just left for the fans to ponder
    Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
    - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Originally posted by creed462
      THere were three people who started Gallifry. Rasolon(Sp), Omega, and the Other. There were many threory of who the mysterous other. What do you think he is.
      You're kidding, right?

I always thought it was pretty obvious.

Comment

No I have my own Idea, but I want to see what others think

Comment

No I have my own Idea, but I want to see what others think
          The writers have hinted rather strongly that he is...

Spoiler:
          ...the Doctor.

They've done everything to suggest this short of actually stating it as "fact".

Comment

I know! The 7th Doctor eluded to it alot

Comment

I know! The 7th Doctor eluded to it alot
              The New Adventures: Lungbarrow
              Spoiler:
              Susan identified the Doctor as her grandfather...the Other.

Comment

Wow, does that mean he'll recreate Gallifry in the new seris?

Comment

If this is true then it is very likely indeed, perhaps in a later series (probably on his final regeneration)
                  Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.

Comment

Wow, does that mean he'll recreate Gallifry in the new seris?
                    I doubt that.

The New Adventures: Lungbarrow
                    Spoiler:
                    The Other was one of the past incarnations of the Doctor. His past appears very vague, contradictory, and complicated.

First you need to understand a few things...
                    1.) Not all Gallifreyans can regenerate...only those who have attained the title of Time Lord by graduating from one of the academies are given that gift.
                    2.) At some point, the Gallifreyan race was sterilized, necessitating the use of "the loom", a device that produced adult Gallifreyans.
                    3.) The Doctor was often used as an agent of the White Guardian.

The Other was part of the Triumverate.

At some point he marries Patience, has 13 children, and 1 granddaughter (not necessarily Susan, there are contradictory rumors about her).

At some point, he regenerates at least once.

At some point, he sacrifices himself to the loom where his essence is stored and later released into a new form (the first incarnation of the Doctor).

So, William Hartnell and David Tennant still count as the first and tenth Doctors; and he still has 13 lives.

But it's possible he has already experienced up to 13 previous lives as the Other.

The length of his association with the White Guardian isn't known, so perhaps he existed even earlier than that.

There is also a rumor about his family ruling an empire in the future, of which Susan is a royal heir.
                    Last edited by Deputy-Assistant-Second-Prime; 12 December 2005, 12:33 PM.

Comment

Is that from the box or tv

Comment

Is that from the box or tv
                        Lungbarrow was the last 7th Doctor story, which takes place directly before the 1996 Movie, and features passages describing the Doctor's past.

Read it online.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/class...ow/index.shtml

Comment

"The Other" was also part of the Cartmel Masterplan, which the new series may or may not simply do away with.

-IMF
                          "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
                          "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
                          BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Can we consider Novels to be part of the Doctor Who Expanded Universe, I dont think that they are 100% canon so there are oppertunities for "The Other" to be part of New Who

Comment

I hope they do put it in the new seris

Comment

Working...
                              X