PDA

View Full Version : Remote Dialing (UM Rising Spoilers)

the adventurer
July 16th, 2004, 08:20 PM
Anyone else realy like how Wraith Ships and Puddlejumpers have on board DHDs that remotly "one DHD fits all" any Gate?

I was a tad confused for a second with the Wraith activated the Gate on the other world and went through it. I thought someone of the other side had activated it, and suddenly wormholes went bothways in the Peguses galaxy. But it turned out to be on board DHDs on the Wraith fighters.

Remote dialing is a neat new adition imo. Do you agree.

Mio
July 16th, 2004, 08:22 PM
Yes. it was an excellent addition....I hope we can get some of this tech back to earth.

EYU86
July 16th, 2004, 08:22 PM
Wormholes don't go both ways in the Pegasus Galaxy...

the adventurer
July 16th, 2004, 08:23 PM
Wormholes don't go both ways in the Pegasus Galaxy...

Right, I figured that out, AFTER the remote dialer on the Puddlejumper was shown in action.

DownFallAngel
July 16th, 2004, 08:24 PM
Those things are cool. I want one, and a zat and a cloacking device, and I will be set.

EYU86
July 16th, 2004, 08:25 PM
My bad, read the context wrong.

Erik Pasternak
July 16th, 2004, 09:46 PM
Yes. it was an excellent addition....I hope we can get some of this tech back to earth.**SPOILERS FOR THE SG-1 EPISODE "IT'S GOOD TO BE KING"
Carter discovers a crashed puddle jumper in this episode, "bringing" some of the Atlantis tech to the Milky Way. (You know, GateShip wasn't that bad of a name, but I like puddle jumper better.)

EYU86
July 16th, 2004, 09:51 PM
McKay: "I thought we decided on Gateship, because its a gate and a ship... yea, whatever Puddle-Jumper it is."

Erik Pasternak
July 16th, 2004, 10:05 PM
McKay: "I thought we decided on Gateship, because its a gate and a ship... yea, whatever Puddle-Jumper it is."I sorta had a problem with that line, the McKay we all know would have argued that it be called GateShip until his head exploded.

One-Hundreth post. Oh yeah. Shouldn't I get a cake or something?

EYU86
July 16th, 2004, 10:08 PM
So true

airdish
July 16th, 2004, 10:40 PM
don't forget that the puddle jumper has super brakes too. From retreat speed to stop in one gate room flat.

hokiewalrus
July 17th, 2004, 12:04 PM
don't forget that the puddle jumper has super brakes too. From retreat speed to stop in one gate room flat.
It just uses the same brakes that the ship from Flight of Navigator did. Probably on special at the intergalactic Meineke.