This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hewlett Packard Goes Big SPOILERS

I wasn't sure what to title this threat without giving away the spoiler, although minor. The handheld scanner which was found in the PuddleJumper is most defintly an HP iPaq Model 5555. I could clearly see its button configuration and fingerprint scanner through the clear plastic case. It was obvious to me, and kind of ruins the whole 'advanced ancient technology' thing. They could have disguised it better, but alas, guess they needed something.

So.... who's going to write a program to make a PocketPC turn into a long range bio detector and who knows what else?

Do you like work for HP or something? How else would you notice that?
    Rocky

Comment

LOL, no I don't. I have one of the same devices and I easily recognized it. It has a distinct button layout and I saw the biometric security scanner through the clear case. I guess I'll just learn to deal with this... It is no worse than an episode of Enterprise where they forgot to cover up the ViewSonic logo

Comment

Anyone get the feeling, that if O'Niell was a long for the ride, he'd insist on calling it a tricorder?

Comment

At least it isn't a tv remote control like Sam's device

Comment

Don't forget the laptops they used were Dell Inspirons. I'm not surprised since they have used Dell laptops for a few episodes of SG-1

And yes, in case your wondering, I work for Dell

Comment

Originally posted by catscan
              Anyone get the feeling, that if O'Niell was a long for the ride, he'd insist on calling it a tricorder?
              ROTFLMAO.....I'm SURE it would be a tricorder!

Comment

LOL that *would* be an appropriate "Jackism"
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kree
                  Don't forget the laptops they used were Dell Inspirons. I'm not surprised since they have used Dell laptops for a few episodes of SG-1

And yes, in case your wondering, I work for Dell
                  Yeah, but the Dell laptops are intended to represent technology created today, which works well. However, I would be equally annoyed if they used a Dell laptop and put in it a clear case and called it technology that was invented several million years ago

Comment

OMG! I noticed that they were iPAQs too! They just had an iPAQ with that plastic condom over it. So obvious! You could even see the dark sport where the speaker or mic is.
                    "...smart, funny, exciting, touching..." - Newsday

Comment

We know people on earth integrated/intended to integrate alien technology, maybe they stole from the Ancients

Comment

I had no clue it was.

So that's ok with me
                        It feels good to be alive.
                        Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

When my husband and I were watching the episode and the "device" popped out of the wall, we both said "a PDA!" Though, what are they gonna do? Invent something completely different when they could take something existing and scifi it up a bit? I thought they did a good job of making it look like something else...

I was watching the end of an episode of Sliders last week and Quinn Mallory's "device" was so obviously a TV remote control. In fact, I may even have the same remote in my living room right now! At least Sheppard's device didn't look exactly like something I have in my living room! (though I do have an HP PDA)

Comment

Originally posted by KayMan2k
                            Yeah, but the Dell laptops are intended to represent technology created today, which works well. However, I would be equally annoyed if they used a Dell laptop and put in it a clear case and called it technology that was invented several million years ago
                            Telling from the screens on the laptops they don't use windows... YAY!

Comment

Maybe the ancients gave sheppard a device that he could usderstand!? Like...it wasn't to complex for him not to know how to use it.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
                              [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Working...
                              X