Serenity R2 DVD Bonus/Release Date

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Serenity R2 DVD Bonus/Release Date

Joss Whedon's 'sci-fi western' Serenity will be released on DVD on February 27 in the UK, with more bonus features than its Region 1 counterpart.

Empire Online reveals today that UK fans will be treated to a 20-minute documentary of which American buyers are to be deprived. Entitled A Filmmaker's Journey, the piece will follow Whedon's progress in putting his story to film.

Also included on both editions will be the director's commentary and introduction to the movie, nine deleted scenes and outtakes. In addition, featurettes will chronicle the 500 years between the present and the time of the events of Serenity, take a look at how the project was resurrected for the silver screen and a behind-the-scenes insight into the visual effects.
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/article/ds27108.html

i have to say that 20 minutes isn't a lot and for an extra 2 months (plus a few weeks) to wait, it doens't seem like a great bonus but better to wait and see it before making judgement, especially when US fans will probably want it as well

sigpic

That doesn't sound too disimilar to the R4 version. But of course, if its too different, I'll have to buy it as well as the R1 and R4 versions. I'm gonna go broke over this.

Comment

Think I'll forstall buying the R1 copy then. I wonder what the cover will look like.
      sigpic
      Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

We still don't know what the DVD cover for the R4 release will look like. EzyDVD mocked one up for their site, but Uni say that they're still working on it. So most likely it'll be about a month before release before we know what R2 or R4 will look like.

Comment

I've heard that the extras on the R1, R2 and R4 versions are all slightly different. It's not a deliberate ripoff (so I'm told) but a result of the Classifications assigning different weightings to violence and language from one country to another. I plan to buy the R1 and/or R4 versions if they have stuff my local R2 disc doesn't have. It can't hurt the chances of a sequel if people do that sort of thing...

Obsessive? Yup.

Madeleine

Comment

I was going to get the R1 for Xmas, but I might just wait for the R2.
            sigpic
            Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Working...
            X