This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uh, maybe I just missed something, but.... "RISING" SPOILERS

One, uh, "puddle jumper" seemed to have enough firepower and maneuvering capability to take out multiple Wraith fighters. If the Ancients had vessels of war that much more efficient than the Wraith, how did the Wraith kick their asses?
    Last edited by Avalar; 16 July 2004, 07:03 PM. Reason: Forgot to put spoiler alert
    Thor: The Asgard would never invent a weapon that propels small weights of iron and carbon alloys, by igniting a powder of potassium nitrate, charcoal and sulphur.

The Wraith created a disease that killed the ancients. The ancients could not combat this disease, that is why they fled to Earth, to escape the disease that was plaguing the Pegasus galaxy.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
    [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Ah, ok, that makes sense.

Heh, just out of curiosity...I wonder if the Asgard could take on the Wraith. Well, when they were at their full power, that is - obviously they couldn't right now since their civilization was brought to its knees by the Replicators.
      Thor: The Asgard would never invent a weapon that propels small weights of iron and carbon alloys, by igniting a powder of potassium nitrate, charcoal and sulphur.

Comment

Originally posted by Avalar
        One, uh, "puddle jumper" seemed to have enough firepower and maneuvering capability to take out multiple Wraith fighters. If the Ancients had vessels of war that much more efficient than the Wraith, how did the Wraith kick their asses?
        The Wraith outnumbered the Ancients, the hologram said so. They were all waking up and probably couldn't man all of their attack ships. I don't think it will be this easy in the future.

Comment

Depends on how far back the replicator war goes.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

Comment

Originally posted by KayMan2k
            The Wraith outnumbered the Ancients, the hologram said so. They were all waking up and probably couldn't man all of their attack ships. I don't think it will be this easy in the future.
            Even so, it didn't seem like it would matter if one Ancient fighter was enough to eliminate several Wraith ones.

Comment

I want to see:

REPLICATOR vs. WRAITH

Comment

It wasn't a matter of technology... the Ancients were taken out by a virus not a wraith ship attack.

Comment

The virus must have spread extremely quickly if they could not find a cure of some sort.

Comment

Originally posted by Mith
                    I want to see:

REPLICATOR vs. WRAITH

lol, I can imagine the Replicators winning for two reasons.

1. The Wraith can't "lifesuck" them since they're machines and not organic.

2. Any environment with metal alloys is likely to get swarmed by the Replicators. Unless the Wraith possess something similar to the device O'Neill constructed aboard Thor's ship (Which is doubtful since they wouldn't make a weapon for a specific purpose such as dismanteling Replicator blocks if they've never even seen the little buggers) then the Replicators would take over the Wraith ships and strongholds.

Comment

Yep... Also our on heavy machine gun fire could damage a Wraith Dart, and a small missile could take one out completely.

An invincible enemy is tacky...

Comment

I think that they were trying to show 2 things,
                        1. That Major Shephard is a good pilot and can do good things with the ancient technology.
                        2. The Wraith were caught off guard because they have not been up against technology for several thousands of years and have become over-confident like the ancients did. The hologram explained that they were over-confident in their technology and did not view the Wraith as a formidable enemy.

Comment

Originally posted by DownFallAngel
                          The virus must have spread extremely quickly if they could not find a cure of some sort.

So they the Wraiths created a virus to wipe out the Ancients. Who were they supposed to eat after the Ancients were eliminated?

SG-1Poz

Comment

Maybe they liked the idea of cannabilism.

Comment

The ancients distributed humans on a bunch of different planets in the Pegasus galaxy. I think the virus was just meant to wipe out the main body of Ancients who held Atlantis and all their power and stuff. Although the Ancients ascended, the humans they put on other planets became a sort of "feeding ground" for the Wraith.

Comment

Working...
                              X