PDA

View Full Version : Goof in Rising! SPOILERS

DownFallAngel
July 16th, 2004, 05:19 PM
In LC2, they showed Antarctica to be a hospitable land.

In Atlantis, they showed it to be ice.

GOOF!

Was the chick in Atlantis,in the first scene, the same one who was in Frozen!?

Teal'c
July 16th, 2004, 05:29 PM
hey, a little spoiler warning :P Don't post while it's airing! :P

DownFallAngel
July 16th, 2004, 05:39 PM
OPPS! My bad! Gategypsy, or another system lord, please add SPOILER TO THIS TITLE!! Thank you!

EDIT: Nevermind I took care of it.

greytop
July 16th, 2004, 07:09 PM
I was wondering the same thing. It sure did look like her.

DownFallAngel
July 16th, 2004, 07:11 PM
Ok, so I'm not the only one. lol.

DownFallAngel
July 16th, 2004, 07:13 PM
Found another goof.

When Weir was talking to Sheppard, she said she could not allow him to create a rescue mission to get Col. SUMMER, she left out the N!

Rukkian
July 16th, 2004, 07:31 PM
Yes, it was the same person, and I think that is what they were showing. She stayed behind, and ended up in the ice.

Rukkian
July 16th, 2004, 07:33 PM
What part of Lost city did they show Antartica to be hospitable? The outpost was under a mile of ice, which was why O'Neill needed to create the additions to the ring device to burn through it.

DownFallAngel
July 16th, 2004, 07:33 PM
That would make sense.

DownFallAngel
July 16th, 2004, 07:34 PM
What part of Lost city did they show Antartica to be hospitable? The outpost was under a mile of ice, which was why O'Neill needed to create the additions to the ring device to burn through it.

In The Lost City 2, they showed the southern most continet Antarctica to be green, as was the rest of the world, other than the north pole.

Ancient
July 16th, 2004, 07:44 PM
In The Lost City 2, they showed the southern most continet Antarctica to be green, as was the rest of the world, other than the north pole.

When the ancients left earth in the city ship "Atlantis" the contient of Antarctica was then unhospitable but prehaps when shown in LC2 that imaging of the planet was not the most recent (relative to when the ship left for the pegasus galaxy) and as the ancients were leaving they felt no need to update it.(As we saw it was not updated when seen in LC2 because DJ said " it doesnt take into account several million years of contiental drift)

The ancients probably left during the last ice age anyone know when that was "several million years ago" perhaps...

anyways thats just how I reasoned it when I saw it. . . just my $0.02

DownFallAngel
July 16th, 2004, 07:57 PM
When Sheppard and o'Niell settle on the snow, and the pod is on the ground, you can see that there is a man walking behind the helicopter, as his shadow is cast on the ground.

You can also see a shadow of the camera panning overtop of the helicopter shortly afterwards.

Erik Pasternak
July 16th, 2004, 08:02 PM
Well, if you want a goof, how about the fact that the "glowie squid thingies" (now officially known as drones) look different now. The Ancients are long dead, they haven't had a chance to update their weapons.

DownFallAngel
July 16th, 2004, 08:03 PM
Ummmm how did it look different?

Erik Pasternak
July 16th, 2004, 08:06 PM
Well, they seemed longer and not as "alive-looking" as the did in "Lost City."

DownFallAngel
July 16th, 2004, 08:07 PM
Well in LC they were in a fleet, and in a pure energy state. This version they were corporal.

Erik Pasternak
July 16th, 2004, 08:10 PM
Well in LC they were in a fleet, and in a pure energy state. This version they were corporal.But even after Dr. Beckett activated it, it didn't seem right. Maybe I just have vision problems though, who knows? Maybe we should ask ShadowMaat, she always seems to have an answer for everything.:p

Lugal
July 16th, 2004, 10:15 PM

That's what I thought too.

professor_griff
July 16th, 2004, 10:24 PM
The drones, come-on if your gonna say the drones are different from season 7-8 what about Wier being a total different actress? I kinda like the first one more then the new girl..

ShimaTsuno
July 16th, 2004, 10:28 PM
When Sheppard and o'Niell settle on the snow, and the pod is on the ground, you can see that there is a man walking behind the helicopter, as his shadow is cast on the ground.

You can also see a shadow of the camera panning overtop of the helicopter shortly afterwards.

Wasn't that the helicopter wing (or whatsoever it's called in Egnlish). I first too thought it was somebudy but that would be just too obvious to be not edited out.

DownFallAngel
July 17th, 2004, 06:38 AM
It wasn't the rotars at all. I watched it last night, and the shadow was to wide, and I think it had a hat (baseball cap).

Also, I found these:

The name "Teyla" is probably taken from the names of Brad Wright's daughters, Tessa and Kayla, which are also the names of General Hammond's granddaughters.

It may or may not be a coincidence, but one of main writers on MacGyver, an action-adventure series starring Richard Dean Anderson (Colonel O'Neill in Stargate SG-1), was also named John Sheppard.

puddlejumper747
July 17th, 2004, 08:17 AM

Ummm... I taped it. Both shadows were from the helicopter's propellers still spinning. No goof. :D

dolmata
July 17th, 2004, 11:25 AM
I agree the shadows were just the propellers. Not people in ball caps.

Ancient
July 17th, 2004, 11:42 AM
yup jsut some good ol' fashion heli-blades . . no strange men in baseball caps lurkin behind the heli
:D

DownFallAngel
July 17th, 2004, 01:28 PM
I don't know if this is a goof or not, but if you notice through out the two hours, Sheppard's uniform changes. During his embarkation, he has the atlantis and the USA patches. When he arrives on Athos, he doesn't, when he comes back through the gate at the end, and is on the balcony, he has them again. I only say this, cause Ford and Summner's uniforms stay constant.

aAnubiSs
July 17th, 2004, 01:30 PM
he has the Ancient gene, obviously the puddle beams new clothes on him when the old ones are dirty.

DownFallAngel
July 17th, 2004, 01:31 PM
Get off this thread! lol

aAnubiSs
July 17th, 2004, 01:32 PM
Get off this thread! lol

Just this one? :S

DownFallAngel
July 17th, 2004, 01:32 PM
I changed my mind, you can stay.

Erik Pasternak
July 17th, 2004, 03:09 PM
I taped it and while I was rewatching it I discovered another goof: When Daniel reveals to McKay and Weir the address to Atlantis, she (Weir) calls Daniel "Dr. Jackson," yet in "New Order" (which takes place before) they were on a first-name basis. Uh-oh!

Manic
July 17th, 2004, 03:17 PM
Unless she called him Dr. Jackson while she was around Dr. McKay so she didn't come off as too informal. Isn't she still on a formal last-name basis with Rodney McKay?

Erik Pasternak
July 17th, 2004, 03:22 PM
Unless she called him Dr. Jackson while she was around Dr. McKay so she didn't come off as too informal. Isn't she still on a formal last-name basis with Rodney McKay?No, she called Dr. McKay "Rodney," Dr. Beckett "Carson," and I do believe she called Major Sheppard "John," but I'm not sure of that one.

Anthro Girl
July 17th, 2004, 03:32 PM
I do believe she called Major Sheppard "John," but I'm not sure of that one.
She did. When they went out on the balcony after the city came to the surface. She's not military, so it's an easy way to demonstrate that. She refers to him as "Major" in front of others. I imagine this (what she calls whom) will evolve as the show goes on. It beats "Hey you!" :D

Teal'c
July 17th, 2004, 03:37 PM
Shep's uniform wasn't changing. They just took their patches off when they went to Athos. And Sumner and Ford's uniforms certainly weren't staying constant. They were in camos when they arrived and then were in the blue get-ups when they went to Athos.

willgk
July 17th, 2004, 04:35 PM
Ok, i'm probably about to make a complete fool out of myself. Being a great StarGate fan i hope i at least have SOME of my facts straight.

HELLOOOO Big Goof when Dr. Weir sends the video home to her "loved" one. Uhm, isn't this the EXACT same actor that's from the advanced race known as the Tollan. Played by Garwin Sanford a.k.a Narim.

How could they let a slip up like this? It is the EXACT same actor. There's no way to have 2 of that guy around. He's very unique.

By slip up, she explains to this person about the stargate, what it does, where it goes, and where she's going, as if he has no clue what a stargate is. Considering his race designed their own gate. Just leaves me with questions. :p

Kinda put the sg world at risk imo :) Now i have to think of a way to erase him out of that scene lol.

langdonboom
July 17th, 2004, 04:44 PM
How could they let a slip up like this? It is the EXACT same actor. There's no way to have 2 of that guy around. He's very unique.

Kinda put the sg world at risk imo :) Now i have to think of a way to erase him out of that scene lol.

I couldn't agree more, if you check some older thread we all complained loudly when it was first announced. And though I was pretty disapointed by it, to his credit, he did carry himself a lot differently than Narim. But it was still a HUGE break in the suspension of disbelif. And get ready cause he's gonna be in a later episode playing the same dude.

Excali5033
July 17th, 2004, 04:44 PM
They just used the same actor for some reason. Don't know why. But he's obviously not playing Narim.

Scruff
July 17th, 2004, 06:46 PM
They've reused actors for different characters numerous times. You're gonna complain about this one? The little girl who shot Teal'c with a water gun came back as Cassandra for one example.

aAnubiSs
July 17th, 2004, 06:47 PM
I guess they use the best actors that show up for audition.

DownFallAngel
July 17th, 2004, 06:50 PM
Now I undertsand why your on this forum aAnubiSs...rejected by TPTB?

aAnubiSs
July 17th, 2004, 06:51 PM
Wrong part of the world :)

DownFallAngel
July 17th, 2004, 06:51 PM
Biased against Sweden are they?

aAnubiSs
July 17th, 2004, 06:58 PM
Indeed

EYU86
July 17th, 2004, 06:58 PM
HELLOOOO Big Goof when Dr. Weir sends the video home to her "loved" one. Uhm, isn't this the EXACT same actor that's from the advanced race known as the Tollan. Played by Garwin Sanford a.k.a Narim.

Heres the thread about the whole Narim thing, also got a little about Apophis, but thats been proven wrong already.http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=2108

AGP
July 17th, 2004, 07:51 PM

Actually I thought the same thing at first but realized that the shadow is from the rotorblade from the helicopter.

AGP
July 17th, 2004, 07:57 PM
Ok, i'm probably about to make a complete fool out of myself. Being a great StarGate fan i hope i at least have SOME of my facts straight.

By slip up, she explains to this person about the stargate, what it does, where it goes, and where she's going, as if he has no clue what a stargate is. Considering his race designed their own gate. Just leaves me with questions. :p

Poor guy - it doesn't matter what roll he plays in the stargate universe - he always loses his women!

EYU86
July 17th, 2004, 08:01 PM
Poor guy - it doesn't matter what roll he plays in the stargate universe - he always loses his women!
Well said, lol

Anthro Girl
July 17th, 2004, 11:38 PM
ROFL! Oh, poor Garwin Sanford. He is much loved by Stargate fans. As far as I'm concerned, they can bring him back anytime. However, you're right, he should get the girl next time. :p

Torley
July 18th, 2004, 02:01 AM
It wasn't the rotars at all. I watched it last night, and the shadow was to wide, and I think it had a hat (baseball cap).

Also, I found these:

The name "Teyla" is probably taken from the names of Brad Wright's daughters, Tessa and Kayla, which are also the names of General Hammond's granddaughters.

It may or may not be a coincidence, but one of main writers on MacGyver, an action-adventure series starring Richard Dean Anderson (Colonel O'Neill in Stargate SG-1), was also named John Sheppard.

Those are interesting amalgamations. I wonder where Teyla's last name, EMMAGAN (sp?) comes from then.