This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goof in Rising! SPOILERS

In LC2, they showed Antarctica to be a hospitable land.

In Atlantis, they showed it to be ice.

GOOF!

Was the chick in Atlantis,in the first scene, the same one who was in Frozen!?
    Last edited by DownFallAngel; 16 July 2004, 05:39 PM.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
    [Revelations 22:13]

hey, a little spoiler warning Don't post while it's airing!

Comment

OPPS! My bad! Gategypsy, or another system lord, please add SPOILER TO THIS TITLE!! Thank you!

EDIT: Nevermind I took care of it.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

Comment

Originally posted by DownFallAngel
        Was the chick in Atlantis,in the first scene, the same one who was in Frozen!?
        I was wondering the same thing. It sure did look like her.

Comment

Ok, so I'm not the only one. lol.

Comment

Found another goof.

When Weir was talking to Sheppard, she said she could not allow him to create a rescue mission to get Col. SUMMER, she left out the N!

Comment

Yes, it was the same person, and I think that is what they were showing. She stayed behind, and ended up in the ice.

Comment

What part of Lost city did they show Antartica to be hospitable? The outpost was under a mile of ice, which was why O'Neill needed to create the additions to the ring device to burn through it.

Comment

That would make sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Rukkian
                    What part of Lost city did they show Antartica to be hospitable? The outpost was under a mile of ice, which was why O'Neill needed to create the additions to the ring device to burn through it.
                    In The Lost City 2, they showed the southern most continet Antarctica to be green, as was the rest of the world, other than the north pole.

Comment

Originally posted by DownFallAngel
                      In The Lost City 2, they showed the southern most continet Antarctica to be green, as was the rest of the world, other than the north pole.
                      When the ancients left earth in the city ship "Atlantis" the contient of Antarctica was then unhospitable but prehaps when shown in LC2 that imaging of the planet was not the most recent (relative to when the ship left for the pegasus galaxy) and as the ancients were leaving they felt no need to update it.(As we saw it was not updated when seen in LC2 because DJ said " it doesnt take into account several million years of contiental drift)

The ancients probably left during the last ice age anyone know when that was "several million years ago" perhaps...

anyways thats just how I reasoned it when I saw it. . . just my $0.02

Comment

When Sheppard and o'Niell settle on the snow, and the pod is on the ground, you can see that there is a man walking behind the helicopter, as his shadow is cast on the ground.

You can also see a shadow of the camera panning overtop of the helicopter shortly afterwards.

Comment

Well, if you want a goof, how about the fact that the "glowie squid thingies" (now officially known as drones) look different now. The Ancients are long dead, they haven't had a chance to update their weapons.
                          Rocky

Comment

Ummmm how did it look different?

Comment

Well, they seemed longer and not as "alive-looking" as the did in "Lost City."
                              Rocky

Comment

Working...
                              X