This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the ascended ancients

I thought the ascended ancients werent allowed to interfier with the lower plains of exsistance.

Why then did they help earth with this virus in 4th horseman part 1 and 2

Originally posted by marcws
    I thought the ascended ancients werent allowed to interfier with the lower plains of exsistance.

Why then did they help earth with this virus in 4th horseman part 1 and 2
    Because the orii gave the priors special powers

Best Stargate quote:
    Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
    Green is your friend.

Comment

"They" never did anything. I was Orlin who sacrificed his Ancient form and became human, and started helping us.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15
        "They" never did anything. I was Orlin who sacrificed his Ancient form and became human, and started helping us.
        Yeah, but the others let him do so. They feel that the Ori may become too much of a threat, to them as well. So they may have to rethink the whole non-interference thing they got going.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

The ascended Ancients do what ever they want. They only use the "no interfering" rule when they don't feel like helping.

Explain to me why the killed all the people on the planet Orlin had helped. I know the reason given was because he had given them ancient knowledge to build a weapon which they used on the Gou'ald but then also turned on a neighboring planets. So instead of just destroying the weapon and/or killing the people who know how to use/build it, they killed everyone.

You could say that they were trying to save the galaxy so that is why the Ancients did it but then we see later that they had no problems letting Anubis kill everyone in the galaxy.

It seems they do whatever they want when they feel like it.
          "Those who sow the wind might reap the whirlwind."

"Only God knows everything and he works for the Mossad."

Comment

Originally posted by vonbismarck
            Pretty much. Just one of the perks of being on a higher plane of existence, I guess.
            sigpic
            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Also, since it is likely Orlin will lose his memories, it is also likely that he will lose the knowledge of how to ascend....thereby he will remain a human. The ascended ancients would of realised this and that's why they let him retake human form. He says himself that he's no longer one of the Alterrans.

Comment

a message to freyrs mother if they interfierd because of that reason then they should interfier all the time the priors show up.

Comment

The Ascended Ancients sometimes just p*** you off, don't they? So high and mighty. Of course, who are we to question higher beings?
                  sigpic
                  "...phu...ah..."

Comment

The ascended Ancients do what ever they want. They only use the "no interfering" rule when they don't feel like helping.
                    There's more evidence to the contrary.

Explain to me why the killed all the people on the planet Orlin had helped. I know the reason given was because he had given them ancient knowledge to build a weapon which they used on the Gou'ald but then also turned on a neighboring planets. So instead of just destroying the weapon and/or killing the people who know how to use/build it, they killed everyone.
                    Orlin broke the rules because he had an emotional attachment to the people he helped. The ascended beings are against that sort of behavior, so they punished Orlin by destroying Velona and banishing him there.

An analogy: You have a petri dish of bacteria you're fond of, and your mom threw it in the trash because you didn't do your chores.
                    Your mom wouldn't care that she's commiting genocide by destroying millions of bacteria, she'd think she was punishing you for not following her rules.

You could say that they were trying to save the galaxy so that is why the Ancients did it but then we see later that they had no problems letting Anubis kill everyone in the galaxy.
                    That was punishment for Oma breaking the rules. Oma was helping lesser beings (including Anubis) ascend. Anubis was allowed to "kill everyone in the galaxy" because Oma's punishment was to stop Anubis. Instead of stopping him, she let him kill everyone, and she helped them ascend (further breaking the rules).
                    Eventually Daniel got through to her, Oma took responsibility for her actions, and effectively stopped Anubis by forcing him to fight her for the rest of eternity.

Analogy: You track mud through the house and your mom says you're grounded until you clean it up.

And when they do, they get punished by the others

Originally posted by James_the_Wraith_Sympathiser
                    Also, since it is likely Orlin will lose his memories, it is also likely that he will lose the knowledge of how to ascend....thereby he will remain a human. The ascended ancients would of realised this and that's why they let him retake human form. He says himself that he's no longer one of the Alterrans.
                    Bah, he'll probably ascend again. This is only strike two for him.

Originally posted by the fifth man
                    The Ascended Ancients sometimes just p*** you off, don't they?
                    Not really. The people writing them do once in a while though.

Originally posted by the fifth man
                    So high and mighty. Of course, who are we to question higher beings?
                    You should question anyone that considers themselves better than you. Not only might you learn something from them, you might learn something about yourself.
                    Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

They Arn't

Comment

The Ancients kind of let Orlin slide because they knew that he wouldn't be advantaging the Corporeal beings too much because his knowledge would eventually degrade and disappear. They also probably felt it was necessary
                        to oppose the Ori directly, indirectly (I hope that makes sense ).

Comment

Working...
                        X