Outdoors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Outdoors

(I know we're not supposed to start threads, but a lot of people seem to have a use for this, the FAQ thread veered away from that question, and I know Sharp at least is busy. If it's a problem, we can let it die later.)

Description: I'm going to say there are some storage sheds near the base; cleared land for about 70-100 yards all around. There are some medium density woods, and plenty of native plants and veggies (the stuff that's been in the stew in the mess). The cleared area is pretty flat, good for sports or small test crops. There is a well and pumphouse that provides water to the base.

(Open to suggestions/corrections if you think it's necessary)

Lt. Colonel Jason Richardson/Major Jen Stevens Shipper
    Lt. Colonel Jim Anderson/Major Kate Howard Shipper

"Tir gan teanga, tir gan anam." -Gaelic Proverb
    (A country without a language, a country without a soul.)

~RockinHobbit (MySpace)

((Maybe add a target range for the military personnel?))
    "Che idiota fa una cosa del genere! Gli americani non pensare cose del genere?!"
    " 'Idiot' and 'American' I think were cognates? I'm going to assume you're not talking about me so we can work together better."
    Ambassador Isabelle Cooper-Oxford and Lt. Col. Stephen "Steve" Hamrick ~ "Discoveries"

Discover a … New Galaxy

Look for a … New Adventure

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

Ah yes! There is also a firing range at one side of the base, and a few picnic tables at the other.

((Thanks DragonGate))

~RockinHobbit (MySpace)

Comment

((OCC:And maybe a basket ball court for the fun of it.))
        Lastest Episode: Alliances, Part One

Comment

How about an obstacle course? and a soccer( Futbol) field

Comment

((just to sum it all up, sports fields. also a green house would be interesting.))
            I doubt my sanity; then again I doubt yours as well!

Comment

okay- we have about 100 yards all around of cleared area, just pick a spot and have a game. I'll post a map of the area tomorrow so everyone knows where everything is, and I'll be sure to include a basketball hoop by the sports fields, and a greenhouse by the storage sheds.

~RockinHobbit (MySpace)

Comment

((OCC:Good because I think that it would be aswome to have some 4 on 4 with SG teams going at it))
                Lastest Episode: Alliances, Part One

Comment

Originally posted by captainpash
                  ((OCC:Good because I think that it would be aswome to have some 4 on 4 with SG teams going at it))
                  ((OOC: Ah, think of the possibilities! Lolzish, I doubt we could have entire Alpha site in one game..(securiity reasons, or just common sence!) But we could have quite a large potion in it ))

Stargate Gateworld RPG. All are welcome!|Jim Andersons Bio.

Comment

Here is the basic layout(click for full size)--> .

The trail is a hiking loop that goes past the firing range. At the start of the trail are several large, flat rocks. The "bare ground" area may be used later if anyone finds some plants or animals from another planet they would like to bring back and study or maintain for supplies.

~RockinHobbit (MySpace)

Comment

Originally posted by RockinHobbit
                      Here is the basic layout(click for full size)--> .

The trail is a hiking loop that goes past the firing range. At the start of the trail are several large, flat rocks. The "bare ground" area may be used later if anyone finds some plants or animals from another planet they would like to bring back and study or maintain for supplies.
                      Good job, RockinHobbit. I tried to green you, but Rep system says I can't yet. When Sharp gets done with his exams, maybe he'll put it on the main page where the other 'location' links are.
                      Wondering what's happening? Updates for Everything
                      sigpic

Comment

This is great. nice idea.

Name: Issac Matthews
                        Team: SG-3(Marines)
                        click for biography

Comment

Originally posted by Gen Blue
                          Good job, RockinHobbit. I tried to green you, but Rep system says I can't yet. When Sharp gets done with his exams, maybe he'll put it on the main page where the other 'location' links are.
                          I agree. I give some green as well. Good job!
                          I doubt my sanity; then again I doubt yours as well!

Comment

great job, i gave you rep points for this, but if i may, inst there supposed to be an outdoor docking bay and an extension on the f302 runway outside? just wondering, correct me if i am wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatLordGeorgerheaus
                              great job, i gave you rep points for this, but if i may, inst there supposed to be an outdoor docking bay and an extension on the f302 runway outside? just wondering, correct me if i am wrong.
                              ((OOC- Ah! I forgot! So, consider the pump house moved into the bare ground area, and the basketball court moved into the sports field area. The top area can be for the runway and docking bay.))
                              Last edited by RockinHobbit; 09 December 2005, 08:35 PM.

~RockinHobbit (MySpace)

Comment

Working...
                              X