Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A first look at "The Cold and Distant Stars" and "The Devil To Pay" - Spoilers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A first look at "The Cold and Distant Stars" and "The Devil To Pay" - Spoilers!

Okay, in the effort to bring some more activity back to the forum, and to actually give you all something to talk about (after all there haven't been too many new things lately), I figured today would be a good day for revealing some first plot info on the upcoming episodes "The Cold and Distant Stars" and "The Devil To Pay", as there won't be any new episode release today.

It's already in the thread title, but, just to be sure, please be aware that there'll be some minor spoilers. Of course we won't be giving away the really huge spoilers. More like a little synopsis for each episode.

2.10 "The Cold and Distant Stars"
    When Sonak is discovered on board a heavily damaged vessel, he's taken back to Horizon. He claims not to remember anything from his past, and he has no knowledge of who attacked him. Sivea tries to help Sonak regain his memory, and comes to learn that whoever is behind the attack seems to be in possession of a weapon more dangerous than anything the team has previously encountered.

2.11 "The Devil To Pay" (Part One of Two)
    When a mysterious Ancient council chamber is discovered on Earth, the Horizon team is recalled to assist with what is only described as an important matter. Grant meets with President Hayes, who gives the Colonel some shocking news regarding General Williams. With a presidential election just around the corner, Grant discovers that there is a conspiracy in the works which's goal could end up being devastating for the planet's future.

Well, some vague and yet generous info. It would be great to see some comments and/or speculations. As mentioned before "The Cold and Distant Stars" deals very much with the relationship between Sivea and Sonak, and we'll be seeing Sonak from a very different side. "The Devil To Pay" is the mid-season finale, and the cliffhanger should be raising a lot of questions over the following hiatus. Speaking of questions, feel free to ask questions as well.
    Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

Awesome, now the question is, when do I get to read them. I'm jonzing for some SG Horizon. What has it been now, 3 weeks.

The Cold and Distant stars sounds like an interesting plot but my question is, does it tie into the next episode " The Devil to Pay??

Comment

Originally posted by AzMcNeil
      Awesome, now the question is, when do I get to read them. I'm jonzing for some SG Horizon. What has it been now, 3 weeks.

The Cold and Distant stars sounds like an interesting plot but my question is, does it tie into the next episode " The Devil to Pay??
      You'll definitely be having the next episode by the weekend - at the very, very latest on Saturday.

Some events that take place in The Cold and Distant Stars will have some long lasting effects, which will come into play again at a later point in the season. But the episode doesn't tie in directly to The Devil to Pay. The Devil to Pay will also have some long lasting effects, though.

Comment

Hmmm, havent been keeping up with Horizon lately, busy with my own VS... more on that later... But I think I'll definitely read these.

Alex knows why I'm so interested in "The Devil to Pay".
        ROFLMAO Check This Out!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lionel_pendergast_rocks
          Alex knows why I'm so interested in "The Devil to Pay".
          Indeed, I do.

Comment

I'm really looking forward to the episode "The Devil To Play" since it deals with politics (I'm a huge West Wing fan so give me a break). It sounds like a great epsidoe and a great cliffhanger. I have one question: Is Senator Connely going to be in the episode?

Comment

While you may enjoy The Devil to Pay, I'm sure you won't enjoy the cliffhanger it leaves on. Let's just say that when the episode ends, we're in some hot water.

The Cold and Distant Stars ties nicely in Sonak and Sivea's arc. The moments between them were written nicely and I'm sure everyone will enjoy it. Only 6 days left.
              Beyond the Horizon Lies the Gateway to a New Galaxy
              Stargate Horizon, Co-Executive Producer
              Latest Episode: 4.06 - "Eden"
              Stargate Destiny, Fan
              Latest Episode: 1.20 - "Alliances, Part One"

Comment

Well I was close enough on "The Cold and Distant Stars", although I had thought it would be Sivea and Sovak on a ship out somewhere.

I am however, intrigued with TDTP...is this like just a chamber on Earth?
                sigpic
                Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by timdalton007
                  I'm really looking forward to the episode "The Devil To Play" since it deals with politics (I'm a huge West Wing fan so give me a break). It sounds like a great epsidoe and a great cliffhanger. I have one question: Is Senator Connely going to be in the episode?
                  Yup. Senator Connelly will be making an appearance in this episode, but he'll have a larger role in "The Chamber", which is part two.

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard
                    Well I was close enough on "The Cold and Distant Stars", although I had thought it would be Sivea and Sovak on a ship out somewhere.

I am however, intrigued with TDTP...is this like just a chamber on Earth?
                    Now, that's something to speculate about. This chamber is indeed somewhere on Earth, but the question would have to be where. I'll say it's underground - which is why it was never discovered before - but it's not in the Antarctic.

And, just to throw out some more information, I've already mentioned previously that one of the main character's brother will be making an appearance in this episode. He's quite involved with politics, which I think will lead to some interesting moments, because he's not too big a fan of the ISGC. And, as we've recently broken "The Chamber", for which I'm currently working on an outline, I can verefy that we'll be seeing several Earth ships in that episode. Just a few more pieces of information to build up the anticepation.

Comment

We haven't seen this brother? I bet it Chris'.
                      sigpic
                      Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Rubit
                        Now, that's something to speculate about. This chamber is indeed somewhere on Earth, but the question would have to be where. I'll say it's underground - which is why it was never discovered before - but it's not in the Antarctic.

And, just to throw out some more information, I've already mentioned previously that one of the main character's brother will be making an appearance in this episode. He's quite involved with politics, which I think will lead to some interesting moments, because he's not too big a fan of the ISGC. And, as we've recently broken "The Chamber", for which I'm currently working on an outline, I can verefy that we'll be seeing several Earth ships in that episode. Just a few more pieces of information to build up the anticepation.
                        This is going to be great

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard
                          We haven't seen this brother? I bet it Chris'.
                          That's possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Loaf
                            This is going to be great
                            Hey Loaf,

Welcome to the little Horizon corner of the forum.

We're definitely aiming to make this two-parter great.

Comment

With all this I can't help but count the days until the 22 when The Devil To Pay comes out. I'm going to make a guess on the location of the Chamber here on Earth: Is it near the Nazaca Lines by any chance?

timdalton007

Comment

Working...
                              X