PDA

View Full Version : a Stargate RPG is born

Colonel Teal'c O'Neill
July 16th, 2004, 03:50 PM
Take position as any character from the Stargate series (A ghould a Tok'ra a Jaffa a System Lord a Stargate atlantis member or even a resident of the SGC, set up an office make yourself a decent work area and prepare to either save yourselves, the world or try and take it over prepare youselves to go on the journey of a lifetime prepare yourselves for The Gate Room (http://s3.invisionfree.com/The_Gate_Room/index.php?act=idx)

ascended
July 16th, 2004, 04:14 PM
erm no tar jimmy :S

Bagpuss
July 16th, 2004, 10:45 PM
I've just had a quick peek around the threads and I rather like your site.
Good luck! :D

Colonel Teal'c O'Neill
July 17th, 2004, 11:32 AM
Thank you I hope so as well, we still need a few more ppl to make it work, but over a 1 week period a site got 21 members so I'm prepared for the unexpected and I rhank you for the compliment, it's actually very helpful to know that it might be a good idea

Jonas Quinn
July 17th, 2004, 11:43 AM
Practically every canon word is spelled wrong, proper nouns, titles, and beginnings of sentences aren't capitalized; it looks like it's maintained by a fifth grader. That would annoy me way too much so I don't think I'll join.

ghould-----------Goa'uld
jafaa-------------Jaffa
wepons----------Weapons
Chulac-----------Chulak
bording----------Boarding
sarcaughagus----Sarcophagus
micellaneous-----Miscellaneous
labratory---------Laboratory

Colonel Teal'c O'Neill
July 19th, 2004, 10:58 AM
Practically every canon word is spelled wrong, proper nouns, titles, and beginnings of sentences aren't capitalized; it looks like it's maintained by a fifth grader. That would annoy me way too much so I don't think I'll join.

1.ghould-----------Goa'uld

2. jafaa-------------Jaffa

3. wepons----------Weapons

4. Chulac-----------Chulak

5. bording----------Boarding

6. sarcaughagus----Sarcophagus

5b.micellaneous-----Miscellaneous

5c.labratory---------Laboratory
-------------------------------------------------------------
1. Actually the snake like creatures are the Ghould while the System Lords are the Goa'hould

2.I've been corrected on whether it's Jaffa or jafaa and every time I changed it I got corrected by someone else that it was the other way so I settled for a mutual point

3. I made at typo same goes for the 5's, so what the site was made four days ago and I've only had 6 hours to work on it

4. Oops, last time I trust a friend

6. Hey I'm not a dr. on the subject of archaeology
-------------------------------------------------
Anyways, I'm sorry to hear that you wont join, but appreciate the input anyway

(sorry if I sound harsh I really don't mean to be, it's jr. slipping through.)

EYU86
July 19th, 2004, 11:02 AM
-------------------------------------------------------------
1. Actually the snake like creatures are the Ghould while the System Lords are the Goa'hould

2.I've been corrected on whether it's Jaffa or jafaa and every time I changed it I got corrected by someone else that it was the other way so I settled for a mutual point

3. I made at typo same goes for the 5's, so what the site was made four days ago and I've only had 6 hours to work on it

4. Oops, last time I trust a friend

6. Hey I'm not a dr. on the subject of archaeology
-------------------------------------------------
Anyways, I'm sorry to hear that you wont join, but appreciate the input anyway

(sorry if I sound harsh I really don't mean to be, it's jr. slipping through.)
1) It is Goa'uld
2) Its Jaffa

Try going through the Omnipedia on this website once in a while.

Colonel Teal'c O'Neill
July 19th, 2004, 11:23 AM
Darnit, I was thinking Ghould when I spelt Goa'uld, but truth is the Tok'ra sometimes refer to the snake like creatures as Ghould and so does SGC

Like I said I've been corrected as to what it is so many X I settled fora mutual point, I considered getting rid of them all together and just having super soldiers, but decided against it b/c they play a big role in the shows

EYU86
July 19th, 2004, 11:24 AM
Just, check the Omnipedia on this site, it'll help clarify anything your not sure about.

Colonel Teal'c O'Neill
July 19th, 2004, 12:00 PM
Cool, thanks I'll do that from now on

Colonel Teal'c O'Neill
July 20th, 2004, 08:31 AM
I have updated the skin and my vocabulary thnx to your help Hope some of you will join

nayo'nak
August 17th, 2005, 02:46 AM
looks cool

Colonel Teal'c O'Neill
August 18th, 2005, 09:39 AM
thnxs, except the forum's moved and pretty much dead from the last time I saw it. Oh well it was worth the chance :D

Simonthefurling
August 18th, 2005, 09:49 AM
Darnit, I was thinking Ghould when I spelt Goa'uld, but truth is the Tok'ra sometimes refer to the snake like creatures as Ghould and so does SGC

Like I said I've been corrected as to what it is so many X I settled fora mutual point, I considered getting rid of them all together and just having super soldiers, but decided against it b/c they play a big role in the shows

Thats just how they pronounciate it.

Anyhow interesting you chose an IF hosted forum, I used to be manager on the biggest ever IF forum (80000 members). I suggest you find a better skin, current ones okay. www.ifskinzone.net (where i used to be manager) offers loads of awesome skins and help on improving your board.

On the stargate side of things, not a bad setup. Use gateworld to its fullest potential with spellings and such :)

Colonel Teal'c O'Neill
August 18th, 2005, 09:56 AM
Thnx, for the great advice. Unfortunately, I no longer control the site. I'm so busy with volunteering and summer assignments I handed it over to someone else on a main RPG host site. Although, I will remember all you said in case I do another one later.

Colonel Sharp
August 18th, 2005, 02:52 PM
Did someone say RP? I'm in! Can we play our own characters?

the fifth man
August 18th, 2005, 07:58 PM
Looks cool. Good idea.