• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"The Triangle" - Higher Ratings for Night Two

From The Futon Critic:

"The Triangle" - Higher Ratings for Night Two

Released by Sci Fi

'THE TRIANGLE' BUILDS ON NIGHT ONE RATINGS WIN!

NIGHT TWO OF SCI FI'S ORIGINAL MINISERIES 'THE TRIANGLE' BUILDS ON PREMIERE!

NEW YORK, NY--December 7, 2005--Night Two of SCI FI Channel's Original Miniseries 'The Triangle' averaged a 3.7HH rating and 4.3 million viewers (P2+) in its 9-11pm block, growing +8% in P25-54s and +2% in HH ratings from Monday's premiere. Night Two of ;The Triangle; surpassed Night One's record-setting ratings win, and is the highest-rated program to air on SCI FI since the December 2003 finale of the Channel's 'Battlestar Galactica' miniseries. The highly anticipated final installment of 'The Triangle' airs tonight @9pm.

--'The Triangle' was the #1 program on cable Tuesday in HH ratings, P2+ audience delivery and for the second consecutive night SCI FI was tops in cable prime (8pm-11pm) for P25-54s in ratings and delivery.

--For the second night in a row, 'The Triangle' delivered more total viewers than any program on the WB and UPN.

--SCI FI bested an original airing of FX's 'Nip/Tuck' by nearly 1.3 million viewers (4.3 million vs. 3 million P2+). 'The Triangle' also out did 'Nip/Tuck' in HH ratings (3.7 HH vs. 2.6 HH) and P25-54 (2.5 million vs. 2.0 million).

In the tradition of SCI FI's blockbuster December miniseries events 'Legend of Earthsea,' 'Battlestar Galactica,' 'Steven Spielberg Presents TAKEN' and 'Frank Herbert's Dune,' 'The Triangle' has wowed audiences and brought in record ratings for the Channel.

The first collaboration between Hollywood filmmaking talents Bryan Singer ('X-Men,' 'Superman Returns') and Dean Devlin ('Independence Day'), 'The Triangle' features a teleplay by Rockne S. O'Bannon ('Farscape') from a story by O'Bannon and Singer & Devlin. In the SCI FI Channel miniseries, billionaire Eric Benirall is losing his cargo ships and their crews at a frightening pace-and now, he wants answers. The miniseries stars Eric Stoltz, Catherine Bell, Michael Rodgers, Bruce Davison, Lou Diamond Phillips and Sam Neill.

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Im not suprised Nip/Tuck did less among the two, the episode sucked.
    Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

This "The Triangle" has been pretty good so far. I still have to watch the final installment, but I hope all the answers will be revealed.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Spoiler:
        The Philadelphia Experiment started it all? IT WAS ALL DONE WITH MAGNETS?

IMO this is definitely better than all the other crap Scifi has put out. SciFi has gone up in my book for the time being.
        All posts are IMO, I am not a rocket scientist.

Bender: "Lets go get drunk!"
        Pay it forward

Comment

Hopefully these ratings will tell them that people know a good thing when they see it so they can skip the mansquito movies and jump to the good stuff,

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

"Triangle" was pretty good. Noticed Rockne O'Bannon (Farscape) was the writer. Hope Skiffy has him writing more.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

I didn't catch the whole thing, but what I saw was definitely a step above Mansquito.

Comment

Looks like they are going back to their old crap with Painkiller Jane.

Pay it forward

Comment

Gotta say, I thoroughly enjoyed this mini-series. Sci-Fi seems to have a knack for at least spitting out one good movie a year. I'm definitely glad I invested the six hours I did in this. Interesting end to it too.
                  sigpic
                  "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                    Gotta say, I thoroughly enjoyed this mini-series. Sci-Fi seems to have a knack for at least spitting out one good movie a year. I'm definitely glad I invested the six hours I did in this. Interesting end to it too.
                    Speaking of the end.... anyone care to explain that to me? I'm afraid I either missed something or I'm slightly more brain damaged than I thought because I didn't get that.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Originally posted by MarshAngel
                      Speaking of the end.... anyone care to explain that to me? I'm afraid I either missed something or I'm slightly more brain damaged than I thought because I didn't get that.
                      Which part of the end?
                      sigpic
                      "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Which part of the end?
                        I didn't understand
                        Spoiler:
                        why he was the only one to receive the bank draft and how he got it.

Comment

I don't think he was the only one, I think that was just showing that he did not go back on his agreement. TPTB probably just cut it there instead of showing everyone.

Pay it forward

Comment

Ditto. The Triangle, last year with Peacekeeper Wars, the year before the BSG miniseries, the year before that was Taken. Really on the money with these. Still upset about the first half of season nine not having full credits, but scifi has partially redeemed itself for now.

Comment

Originally posted by walterIsTheMan
                              Ditto. The Triangle, last year with Peacekeeper Wars, the year before the BSG miniseries, the year before that was Taken. Really on the money with these. Still upset about the first half of season nine not having full credits, but scifi has partially redeemed itself for now.
                              Maybe they're saving money by producing several cheap bad movies so they can splurge on one good one. I'm almost convinced all those others were written by one poorly paid guy holed up in a basement with a stack of bad B movies for inspiration.

Comment

Working...
                              X