This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You've won

I was just reading the seemingly endless debate over Sam and Jack. Maybe it's the fascinating season 9 that leaves us with debates from the "old" Stargate. Whatever it is, I'm sure that it will never be resolved (off screen that is) On screen. I still live in hope. However, I really do not see those fans that have found enjoyment in the Sam and Jack relationship to suddenly NOT see it nor do I see the non-shippers to suddenly like that aspect of the show. Doesn't matter.

As a shipper I would like to say,"You've won." Whatever existed or didn't exist is over as far as TPTB are concerned. They have made their position clear. They have no plans to pursue this storyline. Period.

The funny thing is ,despite the glaring differences in our perspective on the show we have all loved Stargate. We have spend time every Friday anticipating our show. Yes, we have had our favorite seasons, favorite episodes, characters and storylines. But really, I'm not sure what the fervor has been about. Shippers have simply chosen to see "Romance." Is that so bad? Have our reasons been less substantial. We are, after all, talking about a TV show.

If all we get until the end of the show is "not exactly" then I can't see even the most anti-shippers being upset. I mean, how cruel can you be? Let those of us at least have hope. Let us ask our questions, let us give our opinions.

After all, you've won. You can go on and debate whether or not Teal'c will actually speak in an episode or debate the finer points of Mitchell's sword fighting ability or what galaxy Sam will end up in. You know, important Stargate stuff.

Now, I can just hear you. I'm bitter because I haven't gotten my way. Well, before you criticize. Just imagine if the favorite part of what you like about Stargate was suddenly over. How would you feel? Would you continue to watch? Wouldn't you want to ask questions, get explanations and at least hope for more.

I admit that I am a poor loser. But, to those of you who continue to complain about Sam and Jack fans, to me there's nothing worse than a poor winner.
Working...
X