This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

has gateworld been lagging at all?

Question for you its basicly in my topic but for the past few weeks its been getting very hard for me to connect to gateworld.net and when i finally get connected and try to get to the forums it just tells me to try back later.. was this happening to anyone else?

See Jaffa are Crazy! (pic of a Tia food place in the US of A )

It's been like that for me for a little while!
    It's a joke. My way of deflecting attention from my own obvious heroism. You'll get used to it.

Comment

I'm going to move this to the forum announcements and help folder. You might want to bring this to Darren's attention - perhaps a post in the Ask the Mods thread.

I can't say I've had this problem at all.
      sigpic

Comment

I can honestly say....No

To speed up try turning off showing signatures and images, whilst you might lose the pictures GW should speed up for you.

You can do this in the "Edit Option" part of your control pannel, it should look like this:
        Visible Post Elements
        You have the option to show or hide various elements of messages, which may be of use to users on slow internet connections, or who want to remove extraneous clutter from posts.
        Show Signatures
        Show Avatars
        Show Images (including attached images and images in [IMG] code)
        Just de-selcet them and go down and click "Save" or "update" which ever it is and GW should in theory pick up a little bit.
        The Image will turn into links so that you can view what you like, I would leave it another week and then turn them back on to see if GW has picked up.
        Last edited by Stricken; 07 December 2005, 05:59 AM.

Comment

I on the other hand have had a huge lag until today.... for the last three or four days it has taken close to a minute or so for screens to change, for the threads to move on to the next page or for me to either post or to reply to a post. Any action actually has been a step by step process and each step has taken appx a minute to complete.

So far today however, things are moving fairly swiftly so I am thinking that there is definite work going on in the background and soon all will be well
          Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Please Not That My Idea Is Tempory And Not Permanent as where would we be without the images

Comment

all the time
              gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
              so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
              love Torri

Comment

Yep. I have this problem pretty frequently as well.

Comment

The forum has been really slow, and sometimes I can't even connect to the main page.
                  "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

Originally posted by MasySyma
                    The forum has been really slow, and sometimes I can't even connect to the main page.
                    I've had it lag quite a bit, and that's on cable modem and other fast means of access. There are times you hit 'reply' and then give up because it takes so long to open, I could watch a whole tv shows.

Comment

Originally posted by prion
                      I've had it lag quite a bit, and that's on cable modem and other fast means of access. There are times you hit 'reply' and then give up because it takes so long to open, I could watch a whole tv shows.
                      Exactly. I'm on high speed DSL or a decent school server.
                      "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

im on hidh speed DSL and anymore and its gotten so bad that if i do manage to get on to view the forums, when i click on a thread or a reply button or anything, i click on them and get up and walk away from the comp to do something else for awhile and come back later to see if it has loaded yet

Comment

It pisses you off when it takes a minute to load a page on a 10meg connection
                          gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                          so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                          love Torri

Comment

I have to say that the forum is driving me nuts! One minute it's working really well, and then it refuses to load pages, or takes forever to load. Sometimes I get the dreaded white page of doom!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
                              I have to say that the forum is driving me nuts! One minute it's working really well, and then it refuses to load pages, or takes forever to load. Sometimes I get the dreaded white page of doom!
                              Ditto.

Comment

Working...
                              X