X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

season 10 what should happen next year.

can we finally meet the furlings

check in on the asgard. Go back and check in on daniel's gandpa. give the deadalus better weapons. maybe find some more friends like orlin to help us against the ori. What else should the writers do episodes on.

We haven't had time travel...well, since Moebius, but I still wouldn't mind a fun little stand-alone time travel episode.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15
      We haven't had time travel...well, since Moebius, but I still wouldn't mind a fun little stand-alone time travel episode.
      Oh, please...no more time travel! Moebius was enough....

Still, i'd like to see them upgrade the Daedalus, with SOMETHING that could at minimal damage a Wraith hive ship....
      (Rail guns can, but they just aren't powerful enough)

Stargate Gateworld RPG. All are welcome!|Jim Andersons Bio.

Comment

Just more quality written stories will do me

I think its already been said that there will be quite a few big arc stories told in season 10 as well as a few stand alone stories.
        Im still waiting to see if they will crack Ma'chello's code and find out what all that tech he left behind does. With the Go'auld still around it be nice to be able to mop up the mess with good old Ma'chellos tech.

Aint seen the To'kra in ages. Or the Nox. Maybe have a Nox arc where the Ori try to influence them and we see the Nox not being entirely passive

Every one says the Furlings, but this will happen when it happens.

No.1 thing id like is a 2 parter episode involving O'Neill for a guest apperence. Maybe even get Hammod in for a guest apperence as well. For old times sake.

Too much to suggest really.

Comment

I'll bet anything I have that there will be no Furlings in S10 or 11 for that matter.

Daedalus, I can actually see Earth getting some better weapons. Most likely the will be Goa'uld & from an Al'kesh or something like that but at least it's a start.

Although, in 'Disclosure' we see Thor say that he has come to put weapons on Prometheus. Yet we've never seen nor heard a peep about it ever since. That is until 'The Siege III' when Caldwell says about them not providing other races with anything that could be used against them. I'm pretty sure they could severely dumb down their weapons tech & give them something. The same as they originally did with the Prometheus & it's Asgard designed HyperDrives.

Would like to see some closure of older unclosed episodes & characters, such as Grace Aliens, Tollans, Foothold & some of the many others that have been dumped into the reject bin. However I don't hold out any hope at all.

The biggest flaw in the Stargate writers, is that they can't even comprehend on how to follow up on stories. Instead they create something with real potential & relegate it to ancient history. Then move onto something else entirely. The only thing they seem to like to follow up on is Vala & her chronicles.

Comment

I totally forgot about machello. That would be interesting to finally see us crack the code that is stopping us from gaining acces to machello's weapons technology

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith_Hunter

Would like to see some closure of older unclosed episodes & characters, such as Grace Aliens, Tollans, Foothold & some of the many others that have been dumped into the reject bin. However I don't hold out any hope at all.

The biggest flaw in the Stargate writers, is that they can't even comprehend on how to follow up on stories. Instead they create something with real potential & relegate it to ancient history. Then move onto something else entirely. The only thing they seem to like to follow up on is Vala & her chronicles.
              THE TOLLANS ARE DEAD i dont see how much more of a follow up they can do. They had their appearance in Enigma then they had their closure in the episode where THEY DIE
              I can see the other we could use some light on but even then they were just 1 episode aliens, i dont think that everytime we see an alien we have to have 3 or 4 episodes about it

Comment

I think with S10, they will more likely actually step through the stargate more frequently and meet new ppl rather than re-visit their uberly powerfull allies (tollan/ nox/ crystal skull aliens/ maybe asgard )

yeah, Wraith Hunter -> it is annoying when writers disregard a potentially great story;

as for the furlings -> it'd be better if you create your own mythos regarding them instead of waiting for the writers

so every1 -> think NEW rather than old!
                It's a joke. My way of deflecting attention from my own obvious heroism. You'll get used to it.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz!
                  I think with S10, they will more likely actually step through the stargate more frequently and meet new ppl rather than re-visit their uberly powerfull allies (tollan/ nox/ crystal skull aliens/ maybe asgard )

<snip>

so every1 -> think NEW rather than old!
                  Thank you! I totally agree!

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt.Pepper
                    THE TOLLANS ARE DEAD i dont see how much more of a follow up they can do. They had their appearance in Enigma then they had their closure in the episode where THEY DIE
                    I can see the other we could use some light on but even then they were just 1 episode aliens, i dont think that everytime we see an alien we have to have 3 or 4 episodes about it
                    Says WHO! You, Forgive me if I don't take you at your word since you have no official say on anything remotely related to the show.

Let's go into the many ways that they could still be alve.

FIRSTLY: There could have been hundreds of Tollans off-world when the attack took place.
                    SECONDLY: Some could have escaped via the Stargate, even they could have used portable ones that we know they can construct.
                    THIRDLY: They could have had underground shelters or bunkers that the Goa'uld weren't aware of. This means that they could have survived the attack & started over again.

Most likely it will be a combination of all three. So next time before you jump on somebodys post & run your big mouth off. Actually think that they may have a reason for posting something up!!!

As for the others, aliens come from nowhere & take over the most secure & secret base on the planet. Actually are able to get to people outside the base & use their images to pass as them. Actually later on it was used the trust until the SGC found out about it & caught them by using it themselves to dupe the trust. Then they just leave & nobody is interested in anything related to finding out the reason why they did it.

Then Grace, a huge ship thr size of a Goa'uld mothership which Prometheus had recordings off. Is able to attack them & beam them off with something that resembles an Asgard transporter. They don't even consult Jaffa, Tok'ra, Asgard & some of their other allies in trying to find out who it was. Even if it's only to follow up & try & make peaceful negotiations with them. I can promise you, for both I can see multiple continuing story arcs that could bring up many future episodes if done right!
                    Last edited by Wraith_Hunter; 06 December 2005, 06:23 PM.

Comment

As long as tptb continue to care about this show as they seem to, I'll be fine with whatever they choose to do in season 10. Let's face it, they just have a knack for telling good stories. And it especially makes me happy that Joe has stated that he wants to do more stand-alone eps for next season. That should be pretty sweet.
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I think you raised a point that you didn't mean to - both the foothold and grace aliens were DAMN POWERFUL. If I were in charge, I would rather stay the hell away from them instead of trying to "poke the bear".

Comment

Says WHO! You, Forgive me if I don't take you at your word since you have no official say on anything remotely related to the show.
                          TPTB, the Tollan are gone and not coming back - its in the ask Joe Mallozzi thread

Then Grace, a huge ship thr size of a Goa'uld mothership which Prometheus had recordings off. Is able to attack them & beam them off with something that resembles an Asgard transporter. They don't even consult Jaffa, Tok'ra, Asgard & some of their other allies in trying to find out who it was. Even if it's only to follow up & try & make peaceful negotiations with them. I can promise you, for both I can see multiple continuing story arcs that could bring up many future episodes if done right!
                          Do you have proof they didn't, at the end of the episode Prometheus got free. The ship was only ever mentioned in one episode, there's no reason why the SGC couldn't have researched it off camera
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_the_Wraith
                            TPTB, the Tollan are gone and not coming back - its in the ask Joe Mallozzi thread

Do you have proof they didn't, at the end of the episode Prometheus got free. The ship was only ever mentioned in one episode, there's no reason why the SGC couldn't have researched it off camera

Didn't Joe also say that the Furlings were wiped out by some alien carnivores or something like that. I didn't say they will go on & rebuild their planet, but to say that not one tollan is alive in the galaxy is sheer ignorance.

As for Grace, isn't that the old cliche, "off screen". Off screen the Furlings could be running the SGC, the Asgard could be playing hide the sausage with the replicators. It's what's on screen that matters. You could say anything has happened off screen to justify almost anything. Such as off-screen O'neill still goes off-world every other day to fight aliens. Janet appears in ghostly form to give tips to the SGC's medical staff every night.

Get my meaning, there is no point in what's off screen. Anything is a possibilty off screen, what scenarios occur & are put into dialogue in the show is what ultimately counts.

The fact is a huge advanced alien ship, that has something resembling Asgard beaming technology & energy weapons. It attacked Prometheus for no reason after scanning them. Prometheus has recordings & sensors of it. So these aliens probably attack others throught the galaxy as well. Since it was only the crew they took then they seem to be into slavery or experimentation etc. The only had to show it around those from the various allies that they had, as I'm sure someone would eventually know who they were or know of somebody who did.

Comment

But why would they want to do that? To negotiate? Didn't work the first time. To fight back? Not bloody likely.

To avoid? Well, I think they've done a pretty good job of that so far.

Comment

Working...
                              X