This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good way to save money for an episode..

Have Thor be the main character for an episode, and make it all about the Asgard, haha... It can be called, 'a day in Orilla' That would interest me, but it needs a problem so that it'll have some more purpose
    Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Episiode? How about a whole series Stargate: Asgard!

Comment

Na, not a whole spin-off about the Asgard. But about the Great allegiance would have been really nice. Would show my fav. race the Nox, as well as the Furlings and Asgard, Ancients.

Comment

Its hard for mere humans to write for such advanced beings (as evidenced by how often SG-1 saves the Asgard) so I bet a whole series of Nox/Asgard adventures would be a huge undertaking I doubt they'd be interested in pursuing.

Maybe in a comic book spin off.

Comment

I don't understand what your saying, how would its adventures be a huge undertaking, do they need to venture anymore really?

Also, why are we talking about spin-off's and such, i'm talking about saving money on doing one little episode!

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
            Na, not a whole spin-off about the Asgard. But about the Great allegiance would have been really nice. Would show my fav. race the Nox, as well as the Furlings and Asgard, Ancients.
            How about a pre-quel... what happened to the ancients... how the Alliance broke up.

Comment

Ye that's what I thought. Since seeing it from current time wouldn't mean anything

Comment

Originally posted by Selmak
                How about a pre-quel... what happened to the ancients... how the Alliance broke up.
                Thats a better idea imo Because so much can be learned, and if they can just jump into the future and see where they are now, because sometimes, prequels aren't very good, but of course, 'me talking'

Comment

Another prequel could be the uprising of the Goa'uld

Comment

Originally posted by Selmak
                    We'll probably find that out in Atlantis.
                    sigpic

SGU Continued....

Comment

Most likely, although it would be really dissapointing if they didnt...

Comment

I just ment a non-human based show would be a huge undertaking in terms of conception -- how to have it seem like something other than just 'little humans', ie Aliens who act and think and behave just like humans. Its hard for a human to imagine what a non-human might think/act like and not just seem like a short grey human. Or human with twigs in his hair. Etc.

Comment

You are correct. There's no good way to guess how an alien would look. I read an article about what people think aliens would look like. It's either insects or .... can't remember anymore

Comment

Not saying your wrong or anything, because i totally agree on how you can never know how aliens look like. But haven't the creators of SG1 been doing that all this time? Isn't the situation similar to how all the aliens speak english? Haha, that still makes me laugh.

Comment

Although leaving a gap enough in what's presented for our own imaginations to fill it in is usually the best -- that's why to me the logner the series goes the harder it is to maintain that 'wow' factor regarding other-worldliness that is such a great part of SG-1 (though the shots of Orilla are pretty neat as far as that goes).

Comment

Working...
                              X