This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will watching Altantis spoil SG-1?

Hello! I'm a new SG-1 fan and I'm about halfway through Season 5 of SG-1. I'm very excited about Atlantis, BUT, am nervous about watching it in fear of Season 6-8 spoilers. Can anyone out there comment on whether or not it is 'safe' to watch Atlantis without ruining the rest of SG-1? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

And, if you can, please keep your replies spoiler-free as well (for folks even further behind in the series than I am)! Thanks!
    Last edited by dnxthx; 16 July 2004, 09:29 AM.

There may be some minor spoilers in the first episode... Jack and Daniel will be in Rising... and there might be some stuff about the Ancient outpost from Lost City.

Comment

Nearly any 'ancient' storyline will get screwed up for you.
      sigpic

Comment

Of course there we be some spoilers, but I doubt it'll be so much that it would ruin SG-1 for you. If your only reason for not watching SG-A is fear of spoilers, I would definately recommend watching Atlantis.
        Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

I don't think it will ruin SG-1 or spoil it, as everyone has said some spoilers will be around, especially if you haven't seen the season 7 finale and the season 8 2 hour opener.

Comment

What are you guys talking about?? Hell yes, there will be spoilers! Come on, the series' basic premise follows up on what has been the major story arc since the end of season 6, FCOL!

Edited to add: When watching Stargate chronologically (as the original poster appears to be doing) the correct place to begin watching Stargate Atlantis is after the SG-1 season 8 premiere (New Order) and no sooner.
            Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Thanks for the information. I think the wife and I will wait, but we sure don't want to!

Comment

You really should watch S6-8 before you watch Atlantis, but w\e its your tv. You might not undertsand alot of the refereces, that they refer to. Stuff like Vis Uban, and Daniel's memory laps, your not going to get, along with Jonas Quinn, and stuff like that.

I would stray away from it, atleast until season 5 is finished for you. So tape on!

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
                [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

What is Vis Uban?

I don't think they will get into much about Daniel's memory laps or Jonas Quinn in Atlantis. It's a new series, it's just as much for new viewers as it is for die hard SG-1 fans. I'm sure most things will be explained in the premiere.

Comment

The planet in Fallen.

Comment

oh... thanks. I don't think there will be much of that in Atlantis.
                      Last edited by Selmak; 16 July 2004, 12:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dnxthx
                        Hello! I'm a new SG-1 fan and I'm about halfway through Season 5 of SG-1. I'm very excited about Atlantis, BUT, am nervous about watching it in fear of Season 6-8 spoilers. Can anyone out there comment on whether or not it is 'safe' to watch Atlantis without ruining the rest of SG-1? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

And, if you can, please keep your replies spoiler-free as well (for folks even further behind in the series than I am)! Thanks!
                        Don't worry about it, chances are you won't understand what they're talking about until you finish the earlier shows.

Comment

I agree with Piggy. If you really want to be good about it, wait until you get through the opener in Season 8 of SG-1. Can you tape it and store them in a lock box for a little while?
                          Last edited by Anthro Girl; 16 July 2004, 12:34 PM. Reason: spellink err...
                          Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
                          O'Neill: Who doesn't?
                          - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
                          - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
                          once done, cannot be undone...
                          brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
                            The planet in Fallen.
                            I don't think Vis Uban was that planet.

I think Atlantis is Vis Uban....but Atlantis is just a cooler name....they gated to the last on the list, thinking it MIGHT be the lost city: ie, Vis Uban/Atlantis.

QUINN: "There's a reference in some partial translations that Dr. Jackson was working on from the library of the four races. It talks about a city of the Ancients called Vis Uban as being a place where the plague began. This was going to be the crown jewel in the entire ancient domain. Only it was still under construction when the plague broke out."

CARTER: "Two words...'gate address."

QUINN: "Four years ago, when Colonel O'Neill h-had the ancient repository of knowledge downloaded into his mind, one of the things that he did was to put a bunch of new 'gate addresses into the SGC computer. How many did he put in there?"

CARTER: "Well, we've been sending probes and cataloguing them as fast as we can."

HAMMOND: "Any possibly relevant planet goes on the mission list."

QUINN: "Yeah, well how many have actually had probes sent to them?"

CARTER: "Less than a quarter."

QUINN: "And do you think that he came up with these, uh, 'gate addresses randomly or could there be some sort of order?"

CARTER: "Yeah, I suppose..."

QUINN: "If Vis Uban wasn't finished being built at the time the entire Ancient civilization fell..."

CARTER (nodding): "You're saying the Ancient city we're looking for is the last one on the list."

They just thought That Vis Uban (Lost City/Atlantis) Might be at the end of the list.
                            sigpic

Comment

How about not spoiling the poor guy(or girl) that hasn't seen S7?=))

Comment

Working...
                              X